Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote If I got it right, Title (F7) room Credits / Scroll, Scroll left or Scroll Right

That sounds like what I am also looking for, but I do not understand the directions.
What does "Tile (F7) room Credits" mean?
I am on the Title page of Power Director, but do not know what to do there. Pressing F7 does not do anything.

Believe it or not, I have been using this program for many years, but stick to a few titles I have built, and all of the ones that scroll use vertical scrolls.
Can I modify one of those or am I supposed to get one from a template, or what?
I am lost, so a little clarification would be helpful.
Thanks!
Quote I am not sure of which PD previous version that you are referring to. Sound like that you are in the root menu of a text only no thumbnails type of menu. As far as I know the highlight colors does not show on any text that is not white like colored text for example. If this is the case then it is far better to click the button for Set Button Properties/Button Highlight Style/Uncheck Enable text highlight, Choose a Highlight Icon instead. Do this for the Chapers/Titles page also since you are not using thumbnails.

In some of the previous versions of PD the highlight color will be red regardless of which colored highlight icon you choose.

Thanks! I use PD15. I was able to add a highlight icon (a red star). I do not know why it did not work the first time i tried it. But later it did work. Possibly my mistake was that I was building a template, saved the template changes, but failed to understand that I also had to apply the template changes to the DVD menu each time i made a change.

Thanks!
Quote I usually find a menu that generally suits my neeeds, on Directorzone, download it, and alter it.

That is a good suggestion, but there are thousands and thousands to look at and I do not see any easy way to find what I want without excessive time. BUt I admit I have not done much looking there.

My taste is to have very simple menus. Most of my videos are for my church or for guest musicians who plaay at church, and I prefer a minimum of effects and razzmatazz. Many of the menus I see seem to have lots of moving effects, balloons and fireworks and so on, which do not interest me.

One thing that is curious is that I discovered that my copy of PD 15 has no menu templates, whereas I remember having a library of dozens of templates supplied with each of the earlier versions. Once I was familiar with the one or two I liked, I stuck with those. But now I had to build my own to get back to a simple one I understand and that does what I want.
I am trying to create a DVD menu and cannot see how to add highlight buttons to my menu text so that the viewer can tell which video he has chosen. The menu works on the PC, because the mouse cursor shows what item you select. But on the TV screen, there is no indication of what item is selected. I checked the box for "Enable text highlight" which is supposed to serve this purpose, but the text does not show any highlight color when I try to select it in the DVD menu screen. I do not see it on the PC screen when I edit nor does it appear on TV after I burn the Disc.
I also tried to add some kind of button or indicator next to the menu text button, but they do not appear on the screen after I select one.
I cannot see what I am doing wrong. This has worked before but I have not done one for a long time and have forgotten. the instruction manual is not useful on how to add these features.
I have wasted several DVDs trying to get this to work and am getting rather frustrated.
Thanks for any help.
Quote This tutorial may help you.

--Jim

Thanks! This worked great!

See page 66 in the PD15 UG Capturing from an Optical Device . Put your dvd in the optical drive and rip it to video files. This function is in all versions of PD that I have used. You are given the option to rip by chapters from what I remember.

Thanks! I would not have associated "Capture from optical device" with what I was trying to do, so thanks for pointing out that section. Will give it a try!
I have a DVD that I produced some years ago directly from tape, using a DVD burner.
I no longer have access to the original tapes and the customer wants additional copies of the material, but not on DVD.
Now I want to import that same video material into Power Director.
But I cannot find any instructions to do so. There is no mention of importing files from a DVD in the user manaul, or in the FAQs.
The previous questions posted about this quesiton mostly seem to go nack 10 years or so and relate to earlier software, or they have some other details that do not seem to apply.

Also, the DVD has many files on it. I am not even sure whaich files contain the actual video or audio material. the largest files have the suffix .VOB, so I suspect those may be the video files. But what are all the oterh files, and do I need those as well? They have suffixes of .BUP and .IFO -- Do I need those?

On another forum, I see a suggestion to use a program to "rip" the DVD and convert it into video files in various formats. Do I need to do that? Or can PD15 handle it as is?

So, I imagine this is possible and is likely straightforward and just is not common and so is not in the manual At least, I hope that is the case!

Can someone give me some tips about what I need to do?

Thank you!
Quote Hello there, BB29, happy to have you join us. Welcome.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51927.page#272123
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46924.page#243592

If you do a search you will find users who needed to move or copy folders. The solution is in there, though I have never done it. The few times I ever needed to a custom anything moved I uploaded it to the DirectorZone and then downloaded it on the other computer.

Hopefully a learned member in this process will also help.

NOTE: We are neighbors, I live down the street from you (Route 1), North Attleboro, grew up in Stoughton, still miss Dedham's Lechemere store. I work in Dedham a lot, water connections, excavations, etc. Got a little digging on Washington Street coming up.

Thanks! And Thanks for telling me we are almost neighbors!

I will read over those links and see if i can use their suggestions.
I replaced my PC. I have installed Cyberlink on the new PC. I have copied the folder of "My Titles" to the new PC from the old one and want to use my title templates so I do not have to recreate them. But the file folders under "My Titles" are numbered the same as ones created by Cyberlink in the new PC (Title_000, Title_001, etc.). So there are duplicate folder names.

It is not clear how the video project file relates to the title folder or "thumb" file names. For that matter, it is not clear which files are title templates and which are simply titles for a particular video.

So, can I import my old title files into the folder where my new titles are? And if so, what do I do about numbering the folders? Will the titles be accessible if I give the old folders new numbers?

It is possible that the mistake I made was to make a short video with the new PC before moving the old title files. Possibly if I had put the old title files into the new Cyberlink file structure before using the program for the first time, the issue would not arise. not sure.

Thanks for any help.
Thanks much! i really do appreciate the effort you made and cannot explain why that clip was Ok but the ones I was editing were not.
And just to clarify: the camcorder had Firewire output. I do not have a PC with a Firewire input. my son offered to play the tapes on his camcorder into his PC that has a Firewire card. So at that point the DV files were in his PC, not AVI files. We then copied the DV files to my PC. i tried to import them into PowerDirector but discovered that PD cannot import that format. So then the DV files had to be converted to AVI. So i downloaded a free file converter that my son recommended and converted the DV files to AVI. (I realize that PD would have done this, had i been able to import the camcorder files direct to my own PC using a Firewire connection.)
When, after several frustrating attempts to edit the files, i ran into the difficulties described here, i finally bought a commercial conversion program, and that did seem to solve the problem. the files seem to work correctly after the second program converted them from DV to AVI. (i say that with the caveat that i have a long way to go before all the video is edited.)
So the real solution is to install a Firewire card in my PC!! Assuming the PD will work as advertised and convert the camcorder files to AVI while capturing them, i won't need the converter software again. And i have ordered a Firewire card, so that i can avoid this <<mess>> in the future.
Thanks again!
That short sample might have been short for you to discover the problems I saw.
Did you try splitting it? When I did that, I lost the audio. Unfortunately there was no real audio on that clip, just ambient sound, so you may not have been able to detect the difference. And it was too short to fast forward.
But as you say, I seem to have the problem solved.

Well, except I get a message every time I import files that says something to the effect that the frame rate is inconsistent with the current project. it says that the frame rate of 29.97 in the imported file does not match the frame rate of 29.97 in the current project, which makes no sense to me. It has happened with each clip I imported, regardless of which software I used to convert it from DV to AVI.
Any clue on that message?
I made a test with a different file converter. This time i used AVS Video Converter on a sample file on another person's PC. I was able to clip the file, add transitions, and hear the audio. So my conclusion is that the (free) conversion software i used originally either did not work correctly, or i made some error in how I used it. So i will buy a copy of the AVS software and go from there.
Attached is a short clip (about 3 seconds) that has not been edited. this is the only clip i have that is in the .avi format, not edited and less than about 10 seconds. If this is too short, i have one other that is about 18 seconds.
This was a test shot, not one from the event. (Hence it is not very interesting.)
The camcorder was a Panasonic AG-DVC60, a professional unit, borrowed from a local cable station. The original dv files were uploaded to a converter that changed it to dvi files. Then i attempted to edit the dvi files.
The video quality is very good but:
*Lose audio if I cut the file (clip it).
*Seem unable to add video transitions (no fades).
Oddly I was able to add an audio transition.

I plan to try a different converter program and see if that makes a difference. perhaps the converter left artifacts or dropped frames that the editing package cannot handle.

Thanks for any advice or observations.

Sure, I can do that.
How do I get the clip to you?
Thanks! i will keep that in mind if no other solution appears. (That would be a lot of work and considerable risk, given the number of clips i need to assemble.)
In my latest project, I cannot hear the audio from a clip (while editing) unless I start playing it from the beginning every time. If I pause it and resume, or if i move the slider, or if i fast forward, the audio is silent. it only acts normally of i play form the start, which is going to be impossible to work with.
In my previous projects, this issue did not arise.
i am using Power Director 11.
All my previous projects were based upon files i imported from a DVD, with "VOB" files.
This project is the first one using .avi files, from a camcorder.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong and how i can fix this? or is this a limitation of either the software or of .avi files?

The other thing that is different form my previous projects is that i installed an update of the software about 2-3 weeks ago.

Thank you!
Go to: