Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had the same problem. Had PD10 in a computer with an ATI graphics card. After installing an SSD drive, PowerDirector 10 kept crashing on opening whereas it worked perfectly for 2 years before I switched hard disks.

I bought PD 11 thinking that would work, but not so, it also crashed on opening. I was told to update my video card drivers, did that, upgraded to AMD 12.6, no go. Told to remove QuickTime and install it from within the PD11 program, did that, no luck. Removed many programs to give PD 100GB of space, no success. Uninstalled and cleanly reinstalled the program at least 15 times. Spent more than 30 hours trying every suggestion in this forum to fix the problem. Tech Support did not have any suggestions even though I sent them the diagnostic files they requested. No comment.

Finally, in desperation, I exchanged hard drives. I installed a different drive in my computer (non SSD, an IDE drive) -- same ATI video card, same AMD Catalyst Control Center, same driver version, same computer -- BINGO -- PD11 worked perfectly THE FIRST TIME I OPENED IT BUT CRASHED ON TRYING TO IMPORT MEDIA FILES.

SOLUTION: I uninstalled AMD Catalyst Control Center (no more parallel processing). Now PD11 works. So far it hasn't crashed.

I had a similar problem. PD11 was crashing on startup. It was an incompatibility with my video graphics card. CL told me to contact AMD. AMD told me to contact HP. HP told me to buy a different (and older version!) graphics card from AMD.

IOW, no solution, so I returned the product for a refund and went back to version 8 which works fine on this computer.
SOLVED ! After 9 hours of trying everything, here is what worked to stop PDR 11 from crashing.

I have 2 video drivers: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6500 and Intel HD. After reviewing performance and error messages from my system, I saw that ATI had a conflict and rich video was crashing. I disabled the Intel HD video driver and bingo -- I was able to open the PowerDirector 11 software normally.

Hope this works for anyone else with this problem. It is definitely a graphics driver problem but I did not / could not update my drivers. Worked just by disabling one of them.
I tried to update the graphics driver but it is an OEM version and when I installed a newer one, the entire video system crashed. It took me 3 days to recover everything. I contacted ATI and HP, they both said there is no newer OEM driver that I can install. If that is the only problem, then I cannot run PD11 on this computer.

Moreover, if I try to update the drivers through Device Mgr, I am told that both are the newest available for my graphics card.

Previous to PD11 I successfully ran and used the PD10 updated from version 8. No problems of any kind. However, I cannot succeed in reinstalling the paid update from 8 to 10, even though it is the same computer (but a different hard disc and computer name). When I reinstalled the original PD8 on this machine, then tried to reinstall the purchased PD 10 update, I got a message saying that my version 8 is a 'trial' but it is not. It is the OEM version supplied with the computer and which was successfully updated on my previous hard drive. Because I couldn't update PD8 to at least PD10, I bought PD11 full package which now doesn't run at all.
1. OS - Win 7
2. PD11, version ? - cannot open to see but is newly purchased on Jan 17, assume latest version
3. Which SR number - cannot see it, program does not open
4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? - NA
5. description of the problem. - Program does not open.
6. anti-virus installed - Norton Internet Security - latest, updated
7. What codec packs installed? - KLite + those installed by Cyberlink
8. What other video editing programs are installed - none
9. What burning software is installed on your PC? - ImgBurn - burning not an issue

12. dxdiag files attached
I just bought and installed PD11. It installed and activated fine, but I cannot open it, it always crashes on opening. Error: "PDR11.exe has stopped working."

Prior to installation I uninstalled, then deleted all references to my previous PD8 version. Then I used CL_Cleaner and CClean. I then checked the registry for references to any component of Cyberlink ... none. And I deleted all old Cyberlink folders before installing PDR11.

Quicktime, latest version, was installed from within PD11.

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment with 6 GB Ram and running Win 7 Home Premium. Hard drive is OCZ-Vertex4 SSD (SATA III) with 75 GB available.

I do not do heavy video work, made only 1 small film in PD10 on my previous computer, now want to edit it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
-<CrashInformation VERSION="1.0">
<ID Value="5C5021F1-84BA-499C-B712-B62E4B7F9B4F"/>
<UUID Value="S-1-5-21-64622524-3124189193-487086449-1003"/>
<SR Value="VDE121019-01"/>
<ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR11.exe"/><AppVersion Value="11.0.0.2418"/>
<VersionName Value="11.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultra"/>
<Is64BitOS Value="1"/>
<OSName Value="Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601 Service Pack 1"/>
<GDICount Value="988"/>
<VMSize Value="359 MB"/>
<VGAName Value="Intel(R) HD Graphics" DriverVersion="8.771.1.0"/>
<VGAName Value="ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 " DriverVersion="8.771.1.0"/>
<ModName Value="Unknown"/><ModVersion Value="0.0.0.0"/>
<ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/>
<Offset Value="0x00000000035C9D20"/>
<SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/>
</CrashInformation>

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR DO I ASK FOR A REFUND ? MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Go to: