Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi

I have both the windows and the Mac version of 365.
Even when the programs have the same price the functionality is not the same.

What are the plans?

This are the features not working on MAC:
Create Disc RoomCapture RoomMedia Room:My Projects, Express Projects, Shutterstock Media Download, Download Sound Clips from DirectorZone, Extract Audio from Media Room's Videos, Scene Detection in Videos.Transition Room: S3D Transition EffectVideo Overlay Room: Paint Designer, Shape DesignerTitle Room and Title Designer:3D Titles, Motion Graphic Titles, Bezier Curve for Motion Path, Keyframe Hold, Anchor Points for Keyframe, Title Reveal Mask, Backdrop, Particle Speed ChangeEffect Room: Blending Effect, Color Presets, 3rd-party Effects.Particle Room: Particle DesignerSubtitle Room: Import Titles from SRT, Export Titles as SRT files.Chapter RoomPreview Window:TV Safe Zone In Preview, Volume (dB) Meter for Preview, Non-Realtime PreviewPiP Designer:Keyframe Hold, Motion Blur, Anchor Points for Keyframe, Motion Presets, ReflectionFix / Enhance Tools:Video Stabilizer, Video Denoise, Color Enhancement (TrueTheater Color), Edge Enhancement, Color Match, Split Toning, HDR Effect, Red-eye Removal for Images, Re-focus Adjustment for ImagesTools: Action Camera Center, Audio Ducking, Audio Editor, Content Aware Editing, Magic Cut, Motion Tracker, Video In Reverse, Audio In Reverse.Plugins:MultiCam Designer, Theme Designer, Screen Recorder, Slideshow Creator, Magic Movie Wizard3rd-party Boris, ProDAD, and NewBlue Plugins.360° Videos/Images Editing and ExportStoryboard ModeNested ProjectSVRT Acceleration

That's a lot of features missing! Even though, I would consider buying it if there was a one time fee option. No subscriptions for me.
Just a simple example... https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80852.page There'll be more of this in the future, I guarantee you.
Quote Is this the first year of a missing Black Friday option for the lifetime licence of a Power Director? This completly sucks ....
Seems like it. They really push the 365 editions and are no longer interested in lifetime licence customers anymore. Shame. It's also a shame that a lot of customers don't seem to care and there's little to no resistance to these scams. Wait a few years and when everybody (excluding me) is over to 365 the development will halt, while prices will be rising as everybody is simply forced to renew their subscription anyway, else they won't be able to continue editing.
Looks like v18 is just released. "Media Suite" development on the other hand seems to be killed. Still on v16, whereas it usually bumps a version prior to a new PD release.
Not that it will make any difference, but I already informed them that if they go for subscription only, they will loose at least one longtime loyal customer for certain. I simply refuse subscription based software (at least private) if there is no maintenance required. I see absolutely no reason why my perfectly working (paid for) multimedia software should stop working after some point in time just because I no longer wish to invest in any further upgrades, while what I have paid for is enough for me.
Quote: Thanks for the update. If number 4. - "Corrects the conversion of SONY raw image files" - refers to the familiar "Micky-Mouse effect" associated with MPEG clips from Sony cameras, then this hasn't been corrected - at least not with my version (PD9 Ultra 9.0.0.2330).

Does everybody gets huge ears in your edited movies???
Well, after checking the movie it still has a glitch halfway where a few seconds black screen including background sound replaces one of the scenes. Anyway, it's good enough for now and I'll just continue with another editing program. I've had enough of it.

Martin
Yep, got the movie burned finally Tnx... Switching to some other editing program until the first couple of updates have been released. PD8 has caused me way too many headaches to continue with it right now.

Martin
Okay... so I'm trying to make my first movie with PD8 (Import format is AVCHD and output is to DVD) and after a few minor glitches (in the way that they could be repaired or worked around) like sudden black clips in the timeline and Music fading not being remembered after a restart, I now have a real problem.

For some reason when I create a disk (or write it to a directory) PD8 at some random point in time decides that it has enough of it and skips to the last clip and finishes the movie. It then proudly presents me the pop up that it has finished the project correct. However it is missing the fact that most of the clips on the timeline were skipped and were not being processed. Everytime I try to create a disk it happens on a different point in time.... Any suggestions on how to work around this one? TIA.

Martin
Quote:

- after saving, closing and returning to the program some video clips disappear and appear as a black clip with the name "0.0.0"

Yep, same issue here... an update would be very welcome

Martin

Core 2 Duo T7300, 4Gb RAM, 1Tb (2x500Gb) SATA 2, Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Dutch)
The larger file is the content file (extra menu's and stuff). You should install it on top of the program. Since you already have the program installed, all you have to do now is run the content installer (the larger file) to get the extra's installed in the program.
When you have to re-install the program some time in the future, first install the program (the smaller file) and then install the the content (the larger file).

Martin
Hi Mike,

I noticed the same behaviour when setting the Vista sidebar to be always on top. The workspace is then cut-of at the right...

Martin
Go to: