Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create disk weirdness
Dekker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2007 15:49 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Okay... so I'm trying to make my first movie with PD8 (Import format is AVCHD and output is to DVD) and after a few minor glitches (in the way that they could be repaired or worked around) like sudden black clips in the timeline and Music fading not being remembered after a restart, I now have a real problem.

For some reason when I create a disk (or write it to a directory) PD8 at some random point in time decides that it has enough of it and skips to the last clip and finishes the movie. It then proudly presents me the pop up that it has finished the project correct. However it is missing the fact that most of the clips on the timeline were skipped and were not being processed. Everytime I try to create a disk it happens on a different point in time.... Any suggestions on how to work around this one? TIA.

Martin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23. 2009 16:57

Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Martin,

Try this as a workaround, I've found it very useful.

1. Add the files to the timeline and edit as before;
2. Click on the 'Produce' tab and produce your work to a file that matches your required final output to dvd/blu-ray exactly;
3. Go back to the 'Edit' tab - this newly created file of your work should now be in the library;
4. Remove all the clips on the timeline and replace with your newly produced file. Check the newly produced file for any encoding errors;
5. Add chapter markers if required;
6. Select 'Create Disc' and select settings that match the file of your produced work.
7. Burn disc

Hope that helps!

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
Dekker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep, got the movie burned finally Tnx... Switching to some other editing program until the first couple of updates have been released. PD8 has caused me way too many headaches to continue with it right now.

Martin
Dekker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, after checking the movie it still has a glitch halfway where a few seconds black screen including background sound replaces one of the scenes. Anyway, it's good enough for now and I'll just continue with another editing program. I've had enough of it.

Martin