Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activating the Trial Version vs Installing from Full Purchased Version
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I downloaded and installed the trial version of PD8 and it seems to suit my needs (upgrading from PD7).

After purchasing the program, my confirmation e-mail gives me not only the serial number with which to activate my trial version, but also the link to download a small installer program (Download PowerDirector_ContentPack now.exe) which in turn downloads what appears to be the actual install program (PowerDirector8_ContentPack.exe).

Being that I already installed the trial version, I decided to just plug the serial number into the pop up box that appeared each time I opened PD8 to activate the product. This seems to have worked, and it stated that I had activated PD8 Ultra.

My question/concern is that the trial version of the installer (Cyberlink1930a_VDE090708-01.exe) was 238,348KB, while the file downloaded from the link provided after purchase (PowerDirector8_ContentPack.exe) is significantly bigger at 460,661KB.

Being that the program stated that I have indeed activated PD8 Ultra after having entered my serial number, should I bother un-installing, then re-installing using the larger install file?

Regards,

Dan
Dekker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2007 15:49 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
The larger file is the content file (extra menu's and stuff). You should install it on top of the program. Since you already have the program installed, all you have to do now is run the content installer (the larger file) to get the extra's installed in the program.
When you have to re-install the program some time in the future, first install the program (the smaller file) and then install the the content (the larger file).

Martin
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Martin,

Even though it seems that I have a fully functional program here, I will soon try to install the larger version of the install file (as you recommended).

Regards,

Dan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2009 16:17

GeorgefaeCartland
Newbie Location: Lanark, Scotland Joined: Sep 15, 2009 10:37 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Larger install .exe program will include the user manual as .pdf?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi GeorgefaeCartland,

PDF user guides, are availavble here...
https://membership.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/userguide_en_US.html

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips