Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello again everyone.

Has anyone ever experienced their audio track sounding as if it is being played at 100 times normal speed? I have some music playing at the end of a video during the credits. On the timeline it will play fine most of the time. When I render the video however, the sound comes out as if it is being played really fast. I have tried rendering it 3 times with the same effect. Please assist. What am I doing wrong?
Happy New Year you all. Thanks for your help.
Okay you all. If you're using an AMD processor, disable cool n quiet in the BIOS on your motherboard. Or if there is an app that manages this, disable it. This was the source of my issues. I didn't have to buy a more powerful video card, or power supply. What I had would have worked fine, had I been a bit more sensitive to making it work properly. Live and learn. Have Mercy!!!!!!!
LowerThird01_01. It's part of the sports templates. It is there but I have to delete what I have and recreate the title with the template again. Weird right?
The image is one that's already there - as part of the title templates.
Hello PD forum members.

Why are my title graphics disappearing? When my project opens up, and media is imported, a message pops up saying a certain graphic cannot be located. Well where did it go? I didn't do anything with it! This is the second time this has happened. Where is the folder for the graphics in the titles located (Win 7 64bit)? I appreciate the help. This is frustrating
As far as I'm aware:

No you should not get Windows 8. If you want to get it, then contact customer support for installation verification.

Above 1600mhz on the RAM not needed.

Check this article for performance and noise comparisons between coolers of this type - http://www.anandtech.com/show/6530/closing-the-loop-contained-liquidcoolers-from-corsair-and-nzxt-compared

Samsung 840 for the boot drive. Make sure you have the latest firmware.

If you have that much video to store, get 2 x 2TB HD's and put them into RAID 1. RAID 0 seems useless and wasteful in this scenario. Your render/export drive is an SSD. The HD's are for storage only.

If you are building this system for gaming, the choice is yours as far as the cards go. They are overkill as far as PD is concerned. In fact, PD doesn't seem to benefit from fast GPU's. Even though they advertise support for CUDA, Open CL, True VELOCITY, and all that jazz, the CPU seems to be the most important piece in the equation. Quick Sync might be the best option.

You might want to look at Sony Vegas, or another program to truly leverage the power of the hardware in your machine. Seriously. PD was created for people with minimal hardware to be able to create nice videos. I'm learning that right now. I just spent $275 on upgrades that did not change editing or rendering performance. Check this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26161.page

Hope this helps a bit.

Guys I think I may have solved my own problem. I read an article on Anandtech years ago about this as well. When I went into the Catalyst Control Center app for my AMD video card, under the power options, it showed my CPU speed as 800 MHZ. This was normal as Cool N Quiet is enabled automatically in the motherboard BIOS (I checked). When I set the CPU speed to full speed in CCC, things started working a lot better. So I'm going to work for a while, and update you all again later.
Would my issues have anything to do with the clips/files being avchd files?
Thanks for your insight.

Again - while the video card might not have been the answer, and the hard drive situation needs improvement, simply trying to play a clip on the timeline with some added effects should work a lot smoother. Open CL should work as advertised, or perhaps I was a bit too hopeful. Sony Vegas works well with (supported) GPU's. Youtube videos of it in action were very interesting! I just couldn't justify the cost. But enough of my whining, right? I'll just enjoy my upgrades, and hope Cyberlink comes out with some patches that can harness the power of this GPU. Anyone want to buy a Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 for $65? It is still a great gaming card.
Paging should not be a problem when I add an effect to a short clip, and simply try to play it. I plan on upgrading to 8 gigs of RAM. But right now, that is not the problem. The same thing was happening when I was Running XP pro - 32bit. New OS, new video card, same issues. This is a PD issue. But I will use it until I can afford something else.
Okay you all - I finally got Windows 7 64bit installed. PD ultimate installed. Updated video card drivers, and patches for PD installed as well. Hardware acceleration enable also. It's going to work great now, right?

Barely any change in performance!

Open CL support must be pretty limited. Why advertise it if it doesn't really make much difference?

Win 7 64bit
Athlon X4 3.2 GHZ
4GB RAM
250GB HDD
XFX Radeon 6870
PD 11 Ultimate
Okay Bubba. What are your system specs? The systems recommendations on the site mention video cards that are Open CL compatible. But the specs say the software supports CUDA as well. How are you "faster" without HA?
I am confused. #1 - windows XP does support Avivo - Isn't the video converter in the Catalyst Control Center part of the Avivo stuff? #2 - Carl you mention not enabling HA. Well heck - I though I could speed up render time with the right hardware. If I add a few effects to my clips, I can barely manage to play them, let alone continue to work in PD. Seriously though I think I need to move to Windows 7. This is frustrating.
I do have sp3 installed and all the available XP updates.
I did already. I'm using Windows XP however. Is this the culprit? I can only get the 12.8 driver package.
Hello.

I just installed an XFX Radeon 6870. Everything installed fine. However, I cannot enable the hardware acceleration options under "preferences". What do I do?

Mike
Okay - I know what the system requirements and suggestions for PD are. Be gentle. Is there any way I can get hardware acceleration enabled for my Radeon HD4890? It does have Open CL support in the drivers. Just trying to save a buck or two.
Thanks for your insight. I was hoping there was a quicker, more efficient way of doing this. But I'll be patient and get it done.
Hello. I recently downloaded Color Director. I was trying to correct color problems occurring in my clips. The automatic white balance feature on my client's camera was constantly adjusting while I was shooting. Anyway, how do you correct color problems if the change throughout the duration of the clip? I am using keyframes to correct the variations; trying to stabilize the color. But it is taking forever. Please assist.
Go to: