Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing color over time
pvrvideoman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2012 21:03 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I recently downloaded Color Director. I was trying to correct color problems occurring in my clips. The automatic white balance feature on my client's camera was constantly adjusting while I was shooting. Anyway, how do you correct color problems if the change throughout the duration of the clip? I am using keyframes to correct the variations; trying to stabilize the color. But it is taking forever. Please assist.
[Post New]
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately, ColorDirector has no instant answer for you with this problem.

Any global adjustment that is applied will affect the whole video in the same degree, so the use of keyframes is the only way I can see of making adjustments to colour over time.

Expanding the keyframes workspace will be vital for you, I'd imagine. It gives you more chance of seeing what you're doing.

It's certainly a tricky issue when you start with a video that is so variable!

PIX
[Thumb - CDR_Keyframes.png]
 Filename
CDR_Keyframes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
165 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
408 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2012 17:56

PIX YouTube channel
pvrvideoman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2012 21:03 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your insight. I was hoping there was a quicker, more efficient way of doing this. But I'll be patient and get it done.
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
It helps to know that if you right-click on a keyframe, you can tell ColorDirector to hold the color until the next keyframe. That prevents a gradual color change from one keyframe to the next. Instead there will be an instant color change when the next keyframe is reached. Otherwise you will have to set many more keyframes to offset the gradual change.

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
[Post New]
A point worth making Xerox. If there were stars, that would be worthy.

PIX PIX YouTube channel