Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have produced a movie and copied it to a flash drive, but when I try to view it on my TV I get a message that reads "Invalide file". What can I do about this?
I have made many 3D movies with PowerDirector 13, but with PD 15, the first image in my produced movie is in 2D and Ihave to reset the TV settings to get the 3D effect. I use a JVC Everio video camera and an LG HD TV with 3D capability. I have checked the PD settings thoroughly and the TV settings as well. Still no joy. The rest of the video clips in the movie show properly in 3D. What am I doing wrong?

John Lambert
When I start playing a 3D movie on my TV the images are side by side, instead of being in 3D. I have to go back and set the 3D function in my TV every time I want to play a 3D movie. This problem started with PD 15, but was fine with PD 11 and 13. I have checked my Produce settings and know there is no problem there. I checked my camera (JVC 3D Everio) and there is no problem there either. No problem with the TV (LG with 3D capabilities.) I have compared all the More Options settings on my older 3D movies with the More Options on a new video clip There is no difference in the More Options settings. So what is the problem?

Please help.

John Lambert LLewelyn001

jlambert@shaw.ca
When I set Clip Attributes for video clips I can get the 3D Source Format box, but I cannot get the Side-by-side format. The system insists on Multiview coding video. The result is a video with double title page and credits text, medium video quality and multiple images when a figure passes in front of the camera. I am using PD 15 with Windows 7. The file type is MP4. The frame rate is 59.94 interlaced. My settings show 1920 x 1080 /60i (16 mbps). I noticed the same problem with version 13 just before I ordered version 15. What am I doing wrong? Help!
Sorry Dafydd,
The attachment I uploaded from the Produce options does not seem to have survived the journey. Well, here is a snap of the Produce options again, with the 2D tab selected.
Cheers,
John
Beginning a few days ago, however, my latest movie is satisfactory in every detail except IT DOES NOT SHOW IN 3D. I have a JVC 3D camera and a 3D compatible TV set.

Following your last directions I used Set Clip Attributes/Set 3D Source Format/Side by Side format. So far, so good. I proceed to Produce and click on the 3D tab. I see four options. Intelligent SVRT indicates H264 AVC. Fine, because this is the only choice that gives me the 1920x1080 format. When I play the movie on my TV, no 3D effect. ???

I tried the Standard 2D tab (in desperation), but again I don't know which of the eight file formats to choose. When I invoke the help of SVRT I get a message: "No SVRT profiles available for the current project." So now what?

I even made a completely new test video using a unique file name lest PowerDirector is simply copying the same directions over and over again every time I try to produce a video that will play in 3D. Sort of re-installing PowerDirector 13 I have run out of options. I await your explanation eagerly. Thank goodness someone knows what he is doing!
Cheers,
John (Llewellyn) Lambert

EDITED BY MOD, portion added from second topic/post and image attached.
Sorry Dafydd,
The attachment I uploaded from the Produce options does not seem to have survived the journey. Well, here is a snap of the Produce options again, with the 2D tab selected.
Cheers,
John
Dafydd - it works! You know how it is, you struggle, study and scratch your head and then somebody comes along, offers a little advice and encouragement and lo! it all becomes clear. I hate to tell you how long I have been trying to get decent 3D titles. Now I feel so stupid! But happy and relieved. Thank you so very, very much for your excellent advice. It all seems so easy now. By the way, I see by your name that you are a fellow countryman.
Well cheers, Dafydd - and thanks again.
John (LLewelyn001)
I can present my video clips in side-by-side mode on the time line, but cannot present titles and credits in proper mode. They appear as two duplicate titles on the clip. Here is what I do: Right click on each video clip. Set clip attributes. Set 3D source format and select 2D. The video clips present as two side-by-side images, and present perfectly as a finished movie, but the titles appear either as two duplicate titles or as split titles. I am using PD13 Ultimate, but I have noticed this behavior with PD11. I KNOW there is a way of presenting titles and credits as single text on a 3D video clip, but cannot seem to find the key. Please help! I am using a JVC 3D video camera, by the way.
John Lambert
Dear Tony,
Many thanks for your efforts to help me, but it was all to no avail. I keep getting kicked out because the installer will not install. I have tried every file that looks remotely like PDIR/Setup. Funny thing - I cannot find and Setup.exe file, although there are several Setup files. None of them, however, does the job. I think I'll ask for my money back.
Thanks for trying, Tony.
John
On my way to the Appenines even as we speak.
Yes, but have you got an answer to my problem??
John
Hello Tony,
Following the suggestions you make in your email of 8 March, I tried to transfer the file ISSetup.dll to my desktop. It wouldn't ransfer, so I had to copy it. I didn't know where else to transfer it on my computer. However, no matter what I did, I kept getting the message: "Failed to complete installation." When I click on the Power Director icon, it keeps prompting me to buy the full version. Well, it is the full version I am trying to install. I will be going away for a week, so there may be an interruption in this exciting exchange of emails. I'm leaving the problem unvolved, which annoys me no end, particularly as you have tried to help me solve this problem. I have had nothing but trouble with the Cyberlink people. If Power Director were not such a good video editor, I would be tempted to turn my computer into a flower pot, my camera into a telescope and retire into a hermit's cave somewhere in the Appenine hills.
John
Hello Tony,
Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid it doesn't work either. When i tried to transfer the install file to my computer I got a message saying it can't be done (can't read the disk). What now??
John
I tried to install the disc version of PowerDirector 11 Ultra, but got a message: "Install Shield 1670: Unable to load module
D\PDIR\464\ISSetup.dll. Error Code 999." I had just uninstalled the Internet download version, so was starting with a clean slate. I have tried to install the program six times. What could be the problem, do you think?

John
I tried to install the disc version of PowerDirector 11 Ultra, but got a message: "Install Shield 1670: Unable to load module D\PDIR\464\ISSetup.dll. Error Code 999." I had just uninstalled the Internet download version, so was starting with a clean slate. I have tried to install the program six times. What could be the problem, do you think?
John
Go to: