Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D side-by-side video titles
Llewelyn001
Newbie Location: Vancouver, Canada Joined: Nov 26, 2012 18:58 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I can present my video clips in side-by-side mode on the time line, but cannot present titles and credits in proper mode. They appear as two duplicate titles on the clip. Here is what I do: Right click on each video clip. Set clip attributes. Set 3D source format and select 2D. The video clips present as two side-by-side images, and present perfectly as a finished movie, but the titles appear either as two duplicate titles or as split titles. I am using PD13 Ultimate, but I have noticed this behavior with PD11. I KNOW there is a way of presenting titles and credits as single text on a 3D video clip, but cannot seem to find the key. Please help! I am using a JVC 3D video camera, by the way.
John Lambert J Lambert
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I can present my video clips in side-by-side mode on the time line, but cannot present titles and credits in proper mode. They appear as two duplicate titles on the clip. Here is what I do: Right click on each video clip. Set clip attributes. Set 3D source format and select 2D. The video clips present as two side-by-side images, and present perfectly as a finished movie, but the titles appear either as two duplicate titles or as split titles. I am using PD13 Ultimate, but I have noticed this behavior with PD11. I KNOW there is a way of presenting titles and credits as single text on a 3D video clip, but cannot seem to find the key. Please help! I am using a JVC 3D video camera, by the way.
John Lambert

Hi Llewelyn001,
OK, I have some video from a JVC, it's mts interlaced footage I took some time ago.

Why are you setting the source format as 2D, I don't understand your selection? When I select, I choose side by side (which is what the video is) and then use the 3D or 2D Title options. The way you're doing it just leaves two screens showing in a limited sized preview. I think you're choosing the wrong display option for 3D source format.
Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-1214.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-1214.png
[Disk]
 Description
3D Source format
 Filesize
143 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
195 time(s)
[Thumb - SD-2013-02-1216.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-1216.png
[Disk]
 Description
Track 3D source format
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
195 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 17. 2014 05:28

Llewelyn001
Newbie Location: Vancouver, Canada Joined: Nov 26, 2012 18:58 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd - it works! You know how it is, you struggle, study and scratch your head and then somebody comes along, offers a little advice and encouragement and lo! it all becomes clear. I hate to tell you how long I have been trying to get decent 3D titles. Now I feel so stupid! But happy and relieved. Thank you so very, very much for your excellent advice. It all seems so easy now. By the way, I see by your name that you are a fellow countryman.
Well cheers, Dafydd - and thanks again.
John (LLewelyn001) J Lambert
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd - it works! You know how it is, you struggle, study and scratch your head and then somebody comes along, offers a little advice and encouragement and lo! it all becomes clear. I hate to tell you how long I have been trying to get decent 3D titles. Now I feel so stupid! But happy and relieved. Thank you so very, very much for your excellent advice. It all seems so easy now. By the way, I see by your name that you are a fellow countryman.
Well cheers, Dafydd - and thanks again.
John (LLewelyn001)

Shw mae Llewelyn001,
Indeed, in the small country

Good to know you have a result.

I look forward to reading more of your posts on the forum. Never worry about making a mistake, that's how most of us have learnt to use a software and a computer

Hwyl
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2014 14:15