Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot download Power Director 11
Llewelyn001
Newbie Location: Vancouver, Canada Joined: Nov 26, 2012 18:58 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to install the disc version of PowerDirector 11 Ultra, but got a message: "Install Shield 1670: Unable to load module
D\PDIR\464\ISSetup.dll. Error Code 999." I had just uninstalled the Internet download version, so was starting with a clean slate. I have tried to install the program six times. What could be the problem, do you think?

John

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 11:47

J Lambert
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Llewelyn001 -

The ISSetup.dll is found in the x64 folder in the installer files. Install Shield can't access it, for some reason.

Explanation of error codes - http://developer.mimer.com/documentation/html_93/Mimer_SQL_Engine_WinPack/InstallShield%20supp%20info.html

Have you tried transferring the installer files from the disc to your PC & running the installer from there? I know that shouldn't be necessary, but it's worked for other members.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Llewelyn001
Newbie Location: Vancouver, Canada Joined: Nov 26, 2012 18:58 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Tony,
Thanks for the advice, but I'm afraid it doesn't work either. When i tried to transfer the install file to my computer I got a message saying it can't be done (can't read the disk). What now??
John
J Lambert
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John -

What were the exact files/folders you were trying to transfer?

I'd start by contacting the seller (CyberLink?) and requesting a new correctly functioning installer disc.

There have been quite a few reports of disc issues over the last few months, though not necessarily the same issue.

Cheers - Tony
Llewelyn001
[Post New]
Hello Tony,
Following the suggestions you make in your email of 8 March, I tried to transfer the file ISSetup.dll to my desktop. It wouldn't ransfer, so I had to copy it. I didn't know where else to transfer it on my computer. However, no matter what I did, I kept getting the message: "Failed to complete installation." When I click on the Power Director icon, it keeps prompting me to buy the full version. Well, it is the full version I am trying to install. I will be going away for a week, so there may be an interruption in this exciting exchange of emails. I'm leaving the problem unvolved, which annoys me no end, particularly as you have tried to help me solve this problem. I have had nothing but trouble with the Cyberlink people. If Power Director were not such a good video editor, I would be tempted to turn my computer into a flower pot, my camera into a telescope and retire into a hermit's cave somewhere in the Appenine hills.
John J Lambert
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Llewelyn,

I am sorry for the trouble you have, honest,
but I have to jump in here just to thank you so very much
for giving me a good laughter.

the best
from Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Llewelyn001
[Post New]
Yes, but have you got an answer to my problem??
John J Lambert
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Llewelyn,

Sadly, no.
What my common sense settles for is that there's something wrong/missing with the disc/installer.
A program should install, period.
If you bought it from CyberLink (/retailer) you should have the opportunity to return the disc and get
another- or a refund.
As a customer, you have bought a product you can't use, and if that's the case, we return it for another
product- or get a refund.

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
ynotfish
[Post New]
John -

Very frustrating, I know.

Transferring the ISSetup.dll file on its own won't help, I'm afraid. You need to transfer the whole PDIR foler.

1. Insert the disc - go to Computer > open the disc folder.
2. Transfer the PD installer folder (PDIR) to your PC - drag & drop
3. On your PC, open the folder and double click Setup.exe

If the installer throws up the same error, you're left with only one option (aside from the Appenine hills idea) & that is to persist with getting a replacement disc/refund.

Cheers - Tony
Llewelyn001
[Post New]
Dear Tony,
Many thanks for your efforts to help me, but it was all to no avail. I keep getting kicked out because the installer will not install. I have tried every file that looks remotely like PDIR/Setup. Funny thing - I cannot find and Setup.exe file, although there are several Setup files. None of them, however, does the job. I think I'll ask for my money back.
Thanks for trying, Tony.
John
On my way to the Appenines even as we speak. J Lambert