Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No 3D effect
Llewelyn001
Newbie Location: Vancouver, Canada Joined: Nov 26, 2012 18:58 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Beginning a few days ago, however, my latest movie is satisfactory in every detail except IT DOES NOT SHOW IN 3D. I have a JVC 3D camera and a 3D compatible TV set.

Following your last directions I used Set Clip Attributes/Set 3D Source Format/Side by Side format. So far, so good. I proceed to Produce and click on the 3D tab. I see four options. Intelligent SVRT indicates H264 AVC. Fine, because this is the only choice that gives me the 1920x1080 format. When I play the movie on my TV, no 3D effect. ???

I tried the Standard 2D tab (in desperation), but again I don't know which of the eight file formats to choose. When I invoke the help of SVRT I get a message: "No SVRT profiles available for the current project." So now what?

I even made a completely new test video using a unique file name lest PowerDirector is simply copying the same directions over and over again every time I try to produce a video that will play in 3D. Sort of re-installing PowerDirector 13 I have run out of options. I await your explanation eagerly. Thank goodness someone knows what he is doing!
Cheers,
John (Llewellyn) Lambert

EDITED BY MOD, portion added from second topic/post and image attached.
Sorry Dafydd,
The attachment I uploaded from the Produce options does not seem to have survived the journey. Well, here is a snap of the Produce options again, with the 2D tab selected.
Cheers,
John
 Filename
.. .IF WINTER COMES.pds
[Disk]
 Description
Brief test video
 Filesize
669 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
240 time(s)
[Thumb - Snap1.png]
 Filename
Snap1.png
[Disk]
 Description
Main PowerDirector page
 Filesize
1084 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)
[Thumb - Llewellyn-Snap2.png]
 Filename
Llewellyn-Snap2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Snapshot of the Produce options for the test video . . .If Winter Comes
 Filesize
129 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
53 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 26. 2014 03:42

J Lambert
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Llewellyn,
Ok, I think I need the MediaInfo of the clip your editing. There's a guide for the info, look up Part J in the link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
I'd also like to have a Diagnostic of your computer, that's Part B in the guides. I'd also like another snapshot. I'll explain why I want these bits of info in a mo.

The pds attachment didn't help but I do have some observations from the information in the images you've provided.
1. Snap-2, You appear to be selecting a WMV profile in 3D with a smaller frame size. I suggest you try the H264 AVC MTS format. The MediaInfo will tell me/you what the best selection/profile to choose to preserve the quality and to use SVRT. Sometimes one needs to create a custom profile.
2. Task:
PDR13 is open with your Project in Edit Workspace
Go to View
In the drop down menu
Select SVRT information.
Select the 3D tab.
OR just select Alt+S on your keyboard to bring up SVRT information.
Select the 3D tab
Please take a snapshot of the display at attach it to your reply. I'd like to see what profiles are offered.
3. Snap1. I'd like a diagnostic of your PC to see how powerful your computer is. My guess is you should be ok NOT to have shadow file generation take place. Shadow files have been known to throw up some strange issues. I don't use them at all.
Look up
Preferences (icon like a cog at the top)
Select General
Uncheck, "Enable HD video processing (shadow file)"
Select Confirmation
Uncheck, "Always prompt me when I import high definition video into the library"
With those options out of the way please select OK.
Close PDR13 and then reopen using the pds file. I want to know what happens when you try and produce a 3D video again.

If Shadow files are needed to run the editing program, just recheck those options above.

I asked for the MediaInfo on the videos (only one text file is wanted) - I want to check the data out. Please attach the data as per the guide instructions.

Dafydd

Note: I added some data to your post above and closed the secondary post you made.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 26. 2014 07:59