Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to decrease the size of MP4 files?
mirha494 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 17:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all, I am wondering how to decrease the size or should I say resolution of the MP4 files. I mean, every time I produce the file it is 600* 400 (I am using .MTS as RAW data). I can't find anywhere in the "Produce" section how to change this parameter. Have I missed it or?

Also, another issue is the songs that are available for the project. I mean, you can't add many of the songs despite that these are available in the PD7. I mean, I can play the 30 seconds version in the PD but when I righ click on the the option "add music track" is visible but I can't select it. I am planing to produce a sport video so I need songs that fits with this demo. Is it possible to purchase these on the PD site (if they are not free)? Or?

Thanks in advance /Mirsad
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If the music is not free, then there should be a Purchase button under it. If it says add, then it should work. I've only used music a couple of times, so I don't have the exact process memorized.

What size video are you trying for? I chose mpeg 4 PSP and it was 480x272. Under AVI you can select DivX and change the size. I've never been impressed with PD's DivX quality, but I haven't used it since updating to vesion 8, so that might work for you. There is a setting button under Profile name/Quality when that option is available. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Misrad -

As Jaime said, mpeg4 has 3 profiles & cannot be customised (as far as I know). Other formats give you more options.

The music is from SmartSound and you should be able to purchase directly from within PD... as long as you're connected to the internet. You can either download tracks or have CD's shipped.

There are quite a few sites with free (& royalty free) music.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!