Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Integrate DivX Support in Produce Mode?
mirha494 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 17:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all. I am currently running PD 8 Ultra and I have a dilemma that I don't know how to solve. The thing is that I was using PD 8 (the basic package) and it was running pretty smoothly. I also installed DivX (6.5 version I think, not sure actually) and PD integreated it without any hassle and alloweed me to use it in the Produce mode.

However, now when I have PD8 Ultra it seems impossible to get DivX support in the produce mode. I have tryed to install DivX 7 but someone here mentioned that it is not supported by PD (yet).

Fine, I thought, removed the DivX 7 and installed 6.5 version instead. However, this one is not recognized either. I really need DivX for my project and I hope that someone can point out how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
What do you mean by 'impossible to get DivX support'? Can you not find it, is it there but not working or do you see the option and it is not enabled? I have DivX under the AVI section. I think it is DV-AVI by default, but you can change it to DivX. However, it may not give you the result that you are looking for. I tried several different formats, just for fun, and the DivX file came out bigger the the other four combined. Plus, several of my DivX players won't recognize the file and/or play it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
mirha494 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2009 17:34 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hello James, it is not under the AVI despite that I have installed DivX 7. However, when I was using Deluxe version it was available immediately. What I am trying to say is that I can't enable DivX support in The Power Director Ultra 8!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I have PowerDirector 8 Ultra also, so I guess that's a question that I can't answer for you. Good luck. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM