Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello all,

I'm working with PD9 Ultra 64, v2330.
I have the track layout edited: the video/audio tracks I use stretched to higher tracks and I the ones I don't use shrinked to as low as possible.

But everytime I restart PD, the tracks are in the default height and I don't see any option to save my personal layout.
Is there any way to do this?

Thnx in advance
Thanx all for your help!
I searched by myself yesterday the same way you all did, but indeed nothing can be found.

Luckily it's not too much work, but It's another lesson for the next time I'll install a new OS: not only backup your documents etc, but also your fonts!

Thnx.
Hello all,

Recently I switched to Windows 7 and after that, I reinstalled Powerdirector v8.

I opened the project I was working on (exported all the stuff to 1 folder), but the fonts were all messed up. Then I realized that the font I used wasn't a basic Windows font, so it isn't in Windows 7 after a clean install.

It's quite simple to import a font and somewhere else on this forum I read that Powerdirector would find and detect the font by itself when inserted, but the problem is...I don't know anymore which font I used!!!

Is there a place where the name of the font is stored or something (for example in the project savefile?).

Thnx in advance,
Henrik.
Hello guys, a last update..
I wasn't able to solve the problem with the help of vn800rider, last days we had contact by email, we tried everything but nothing worked
Luckily, I had a backup-file which was only ±30% damaged. So I´m rebuilding the file now and packing the files everytime I worked on it.

I have learned my lesson, thnx for all your help guys!
Topic can be closed.

Grtz.
Hello Adrian,

I've installed the PD6 Deluxe on my laptop now, but it crashes at the same point as on the other PC (at loading the title "12.45").
Also I tried to make, save, open and edit a new, little testproject including some titles and it works fine.

So, conclusion: in this .pds file is an error. I'm very pleased that you all trying to help me out, cause there is maybe 1 year of work in this project.

The option to delete this title from the project is nice, but indeed it won't open in PD6 anymore.
But... is there no option to save the file as a file which is also readable in older PD's? (like you can with Word, Excel etc.)

Thnx in advance,

Henrik Kok.
Allright, here's an update.

Today I uninstalled PD7, installed the latest WMP (v11) and a codec-pack and reinstalled the version I was always working on: PD6 Deluxe (6.00.1731b)

Now, the same "original" problem showed up where it all started this week. When loading my project, everything goes fine untill it has to load a title somewhere in the project.

I see a popup with the title (it's called "12.45u") and the loading progress bar in it, but then it shows the message: "Powerdirector has encountered a problem and needs to close..etc etc".

So I think the problem is this title in the project. When I could solve this problem, the problem I started this topic with is not important anymore!

Anyone known with this problem?
Quote: Henrik,

Please amend your Profile to display a (fuller) contact name. Better than "." .
Dafydd
[Moderator]

Better like this? Sorry, it was a very very old account I made a few years ago I think.
Hello Adrian,

Thanx for your help so far.
Well, i've updated my first post with some extra info.

Actually, the reason that I upgraded to v7 is that suddenly, after years of editing, my big project didn't load anymore. Everytime the project loads, the program crashed.

So I updated to v7, but the file still didn't load and the program still crashed. BUT...when I updated to the lates build, the file opened finally! Well...a little bit as you've read the problems it gave since then.

So..that's the situation i'm in know. I can try to install v6 again, maybe it'll help. But I'm afraid not.
Hello all,

I recently updated my Powerdirector from v6 to v7.
After that, when my project loads, EVERY video file is turned into "nothing" or simple black colorboards it seems. I can't edit them, only set the duration. And the properties says nothing about the files, only 0:00.

I can see all my files in the navigator, but none of them is checked with the green V-sign. How is this possible?!?!
It was a very long movie with a lot of trimmed files, so when I have to recover the movie part by part it will take me ages. And what to think of synchronising the music etc. when I place and remove files, its a horror!

PLEASE!! Where does this weird bug come from and how will my Powerdirector place the files back again in the timeline where they should be?!

Thnx in advance!
H. Kok

Some extra info:
PD version: v7.0.2726
File format: MOD-files (worked fine all the time untill the upgrade)
Go to: