Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Find back which font I used
[Post New]
Hello all,

Recently I switched to Windows 7 and after that, I reinstalled Powerdirector v8.

I opened the project I was working on (exported all the stuff to 1 folder), but the fonts were all messed up. Then I realized that the font I used wasn't a basic Windows font, so it isn't in Windows 7 after a clean install.

It's quite simple to import a font and somewhere else on this forum I read that Powerdirector would find and detect the font by itself when inserted, but the problem is...I don't know anymore which font I used!!!

Is there a place where the name of the font is stored or something (for example in the project savefile?).

Thnx in advance,
Henrik. Massive.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Henrik,
I've looked at one of my recent project pds - and got stump. I then decided I'll make a test.pds and see if I could trace the font using the "My Title" route rather than looking for "font". I knew the font was Verdana. I could not see or locate the font which I could easily recognise.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2009 12:27

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

People who love delving into PDS files like that bloke just above this may be able to help here... but I just opened a project with Notepad and couldn't find any reference to the font used in titles. That doesn't mean it's not there... just that I can't see it.

Do you have your font set (from your previous system) backed up somewhere? If so, you could just reinstall all your previous fonts... which would allow PD to display your titles as you wished.

If not, & Notepad doesn't show it, you may have a bit of title modification ahead of you.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2009 12:29

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Henrik,

Like Dafydd, I too looked but cannot recognise a font "name". I found the title contents but I think the font type is coded.

I think you are out of luck in this direction.

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2009 16:17

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Thanx all for your help!
I searched by myself yesterday the same way you all did, but indeed nothing can be found.

Luckily it's not too much work, but It's another lesson for the next time I'll install a new OS: not only backup your documents etc, but also your fonts!

Thnx. Massive.