Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just want to add that I also am now another happy customer. I also had the problem of menu items not highlighting, except for the templates supplied with PD7. Any modification to one of these, or a new menu made from scratch, did not work, either in my DVD Player or on the computer in WMP

Anyhow, by enabling the "video thumbnail" option I can now burn a disc which works. Thanks Jeff.

Of course this is not a solution to the problem, just a work-around. We don't always want video thumbnails, do we. This is another PD7 BUG which Cyberlink need to fix.

BTW I have not had any problems with "create disc" stalling or locking up. I am only making SD discs. I assemble the project from several clips, captured as MPEG-2 and then use "produce" to combine them into a single clip which I burn. It remains to be seen how I go with something more complicated: Stills, transitions, audio track etc.

Happy new year to all.

Roger.
Tom

I ran a trial last night using a single 2 minute MPEG-2 clip with 4 chapters set in it. It took 40 minutes to burn to a DVD-RW. I can burn the full project, a single 100 minute clip with 4 chapters, to a DVD-R in 20 minutes. When burning the rewritable most of the time seems to be the "initialising" phase and the "updating disc" phase. The "producing titles" bit goes fairly quickly.

I have been searching the archives on the menu problem and found several relevant topics with suggestions to try, as well as a few ideas of my own. Who knows, I might even find the answer to a problem that several people have experienced. This is why I am anxious to get a way to speed up the disc burning. At present it's a trade-off between 40 minutes for a test rewritable or 35 cents for each drink coaster I make.

Regards
Roger.
I am conducting a series of trials in relation to my problem where the menu of a DVD that I burned does not respond to the controls of my DVD player.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4992.page

This involves burning a number of discs, making one change at a time, until track down the cause. So I am likely to end up with a number of faulty discs until find the answer. So why not use a rewritable? Only problem is that while the project normally burns in about 15 minutes on a DVD-R, the same project takes several hours on a DVD-RW. So long in fact that I have not bothered to find out, but aborted the burn after about 90 minutes, at 16% completed. This is even if I select the same speed, e.g. 4X, for both operations. Is this normal? I have used this drive and same batch of discs to record data files and there were no problems.

I really want to get the menu problem fixed, but would prefer not to waste a dozen discs doing it.

Thanks

Roger.
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try the things you suggested when back to normal after Christmas. What has me perplexed though is that it is OK with the unaltered menu but no good when I modify it. I could try repeating the one that did not work but thought I would ask on this forum before making another drink coaster.

Discs are Memorex printable DVD-R 4.7GB I have burnt several projects without menu to these with no problems.

Thanks Jeff for clearing up the items question.

Roger.
I have just made a standard quality DVD Which plays in Windows Media Player on the computer, but does not play in my DVD player.

I used the Christmas No. 1 template and modified it by inserting a different background image and changing the button colours and positions. Also changed the text colours etc. I have no first play video, just the first page with "play" and "chapters" and the chapter page with the four buttons and associated text items.

I burned it again using the Christmas No. 1 template unchanged and it works!
However I don't this menu for a DVD about birdwatching.

Does anyone have an idea of where I have gone wrong?

P.S. When modifying the template it opens up with three "items" on the first page, but when you play it, even in preview, there are only two items, "Play" and "Chapters". I find this very confusing but then there are several confusing aspects of PD7, an otherwise excellent program.

Thanks
Roger
I had similar problems with freezing/crashing until I installed the 2206 patch. That did not help with the slow produce/burn problem. I posted this

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4222.page

but no replies. I sent the same to "Customer Support"? and they replied

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand your concern related with Slow rendering/burning.
Please note that it is a default feature as normally it takes time to burn the project and also increase some more free space on the hard drive and load all the files on the same drive. " Really helpful - NOT

If I want to burn a disc I have to do it overnight. Otherwise I can not use the computer for normal stuff like emails etc.

What to do next?

Roger G.
PD7 seems to take a long time to burn a DVD. My project consists of two clips, each 1 hr , captured as MPEG-2 files. No stills, PIP, music or voice-over. I select Create Disc then when I have the chapters etc. set up I select BURN. It takes about 45 minutes of processing until the actual burning starts, then over 5 hours to burn it to a 4.7MB DVD-RW. Waaaay too long.

PD7 Deluxe, build 2206 installed on "C" partition but all media and project files on "D" partition with 15-20 GB free.

Windows XP Home
Intel Pentium 4, 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM

Do I need more RAM, or a faster computer?

Thanks
Roger G
Thanks, Dafydd,

I have just downloaded the patch and will install it soon. It is almost midnight now and I may have to wait until Friday until can install and test it properly. However, can you offer any explanation for the following:-

I was using PD6 Express and upgraded to PD7 Deluxe, downloading it it on Sept 25. The build is presumably 1714, judging by the version number in the "about" window which I quoted to you in my previous reply.

Each time I open the program, I get a pop-up inviting me to upgrade to build 1915. When I click the blue upwards arrow I am told there is no upgrade available as I have the latest version.

You posted the information about build 2105 being available on Sept 22, so presumably it was available on or before that date, so why did I not get that version when I downloaded PD7 on Sept 25?

Thanks

Roger
I am using PowerDirector Deluxe 7.00.1714a

Roger
I have just started using PD7. I have captured some video clips as MPEG-2 files. I can add these to the project without any problems UNLESS I split them using scene detection. Then the individual scenes lose their sound, or it is shifted out of sync with the video.
Using Windows Pentium 4, 3GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP.

Hoping some-one can help

Roger G
Go to: