Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow rendering/burning
Roger [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Sep 29, 2008 09:03 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 seems to take a long time to burn a DVD. My project consists of two clips, each 1 hr , captured as MPEG-2 files. No stills, PIP, music or voice-over. I select Create Disc then when I have the chapters etc. set up I select BURN. It takes about 45 minutes of processing until the actual burning starts, then over 5 hours to burn it to a 4.7MB DVD-RW. Waaaay too long.

PD7 Deluxe, build 2206 installed on "C" partition but all media and project files on "D" partition with 15-20 GB free.

Windows XP Home
Intel Pentium 4, 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM

Do I need more RAM, or a faster computer?

Thanks
Roger G
BW [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2008 09:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue. I gave up on burning to DVD and tried to render just to a file (to copy to DVD later) and that, too, was horribly long. In my case I was experimenting with the PD7 trial on a 6min AVCHD clip and was looking at 40+ minutes just to render to a HD mpg2 (1920x1080). Way too long IMHO.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,
Just experimented with this :-

Source file MPEG2 720p clip 282Mb 3mins

Render to Mpeg2 1920x1080
No SVRT 4min 12 403Mb
SVRT 4min 53 403Mb

Source file MP4 1920x1080 30fps 177Mb 2min
Render as above 3min40 290Mb

Burn to DVD folder 2min 15

System Specs
XP MCE
Athlone 64X2 4600+ 2.4GHz 3GB RAM
Radeon X1600
1x 500GB 1x 320GB

To work with HD you really need the fastest set up you can get, with all drivers updated and all other processes/applications etc minimised. My system struggles at times and it is dedicated to video editing.

Have a search through the forum for system specs and working with AVCHD. For example :-
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4579.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4312.page

I would say you need a bigger and better system?

Cheers
Adrian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2008 15:31

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BW [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2008 09:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just discovered that any filter (i.e. white balance) correction I add will severely slow the rendering process. I took a 3m35s MTS file from my HF100 and simply went to "Produce" after adding it to the video track. I chose MPG2 1920x1080 for output and it rendered in about 13min. This I can live with for now until I build a new system. Rendering for 720p flies and, without being picky, works well enough for casual family use. After all, I still archive the original MTS files (kind of like having RAW still images) for future production if need be.

Power Director looks like it will fit the bill, except I now have a concern that the "preview" proxy during editing looks horribly worse than my original. Dark, too saturated seems to be the modus operandi of the working preview. Thankfully the final output doesn't look like the preview but then that kind of defeats the point of having a preview...sigh.