Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chapter not working correctly
Jeff1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2008 12:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
hi
using trial version of PD7ultra

When I set chapters on the time line at the start of a clip - then I go to creat disc - sellect a menu and then go to preview - click on chapters and up comes the chapter page.
Now for the problem - when i click on any chapters to view it starts to play from where i set the chapters but then after about 1 or 2 sec of playing it jumps to another sceen down the time line and its not another chapter either - now this happens on all chapters set in the project

any clues

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Weird, do a reinstall of the program (that's a standard response instruction). I haven't come across this at all.

If you can put some images up of the time-line that might help.

Where is the finished DVD played - PC or a standalone?

I don't think I can help on this one. I will pass on any additional information to CyberLink.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2008 13:34

Jeff1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi dafydd

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: hi dafydd

Hi Jeff, Yep I am on ... feeling tired and I'm about to finish for the day.... well maybe I should make a short video (PD7) if I can get 5 minutes.

Dafydd
Jeff1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
Thanks for your reply - I deleted my project and started again but this time checking what could be causing the problem. the strange thing is that having put the same clips back on the timeline and created the chapters at the same place in the timeline - it all worked ok - but once i edit any clips and apply some transisions the chapters jumped down the timeline. i did not produce a dvd this is happening when i go to create disc and click on preview, sellect chapters and sellect one of the chapters it then starts to play from point i set for about 2sec and then jumps.

im going to reinstall software and try again and i will let you know.

Im currently testing in view to buying having been a user of pinnacle studio for a number years the pd7 looks really good and very flexible apart from menu length and matching audio length IE menu seems be set to 15 or 20sec but if you change audio to say 3min 20sec the menu still only plays for 15 sec or 20 sec depending - hopefully a fix will sort this out.

thanks jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

The order of action, creating the chapters are the LAST item to add to the time-line before creating the DVD.

If you add them before a transition you're causing a problem. A transition takes for example 2 seconds to play through, but it takes one second from each of the two clips it is merging together. The result is a one second shortening, caused by the transitional overlap, of the whole length of your video.

Just multiple your actions out and those wrongly placed chapters will ocurr.

Add chapters LAST.

Dafydd
Jeff1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

i thing i solved it - by the way i reinstalled but the problem remains.

i then check to see how many seconds its was jumping Chapter 1 does not jump, chapter 2 jumped 5 sec, chapter 3 jumped 18.02 sec and chapter 4 jumped 56.06sec I checked the times incase there was some common amount it jumps but as you can see the are all different - buy the way i have no transission or have trimed any clips on this test since i reinstalled - and then i saw the problem - when the i select chapters all the chapters created are listed with the position on the time line and guess what the times set on the time line is the same length they jump
example chapter 2 set at 18.02 sec and jumps down the time line 18.02 sec
Dafydd i have moved the chapters to a new position and guess what that the length it chapter 2 moved to 25 sec chapter 2 in preview jumps 25sec.

theres one for you to sleep on after you shift dont reply now if your finishing leave it untill tomorrow

cheers jeff
Jeff1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Regarding this chapter problem i have done another test just to confirm my findings - and yes chapters set in timeline manually apart from chapter 1 move down the time line the same amount of time as that chapter is set at on time line - 4 chaters set on timeline

chapter 1 set at 00 sec
chapter 2 set at 05 sec
chapter 3 set at 18.03 sec
chapter 4 set at 55.03 sec

chapter 1 when sellected in preview starts at 00 sec on timeline
chapter 2 when sellected in preview starts at 05 sec on timeline
chapter 2 when sellected in preview starts at 18.03 sec on timeline
chapter 2 when sellected in preview starts at 55.03 sec on timeline

so there you have it jumping chapters

have emailed Cyberling with my findings and awaiting there response

will let this forum know as soon as i get a reply.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry jeff for not getting back to you.

One of the instructions I give when trying to replicate an issue is to get a list of actions that have been carried out and the choices made. This helps both parties, you to realise what you're selecting and others to duplicate it/confirm your actions and choices.

To that end I'd like you to read a couple of guides and give precise data.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A
PART D
PART E
PART F

I haven't reported your issue to RD - I need more data to progress.

I'd like some immages attached to the posting as well please.

Take a look at what Ed put up recently - as a guide.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3385.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2008 10:52

Jeff1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Dafydd

Been away for a few days but i now put together a small test
I have 5 attachments but i can only attach 3 files i will send the 4th&5th attached to another reply post.

see what you think to my test no matter where i put the chapters on the timeline what ever that time is thats what time it jumps down the timeline

Ta Jeff
 Filename
pf7 test.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
362 time(s)
 Filename
jeffhaywoodDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
377 time(s)
Jeff1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

sorry but when i attach the screen shots which are in jpg three file total of just over 700kb it comes back saying done but with error for some reason not able to send images.
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Jumping in as well.

I'm having the same problem. In fact, the only DVD I've been able to burn has been one with only the 1st chapter.

I've done the whole re-install bit and am still having the same problem.

I'm on build 1829.

I get about 87% of the way and then PD7 errors-out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 14. 2008 18:44

Regards,

Mark H.
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
So, here's where I am with all of this particular issue:

Tech Support made some suggestions which I followed to a "T".

Here's the info I just placed into the latest Query:

I've turned-off the RichVideo options as suggested

I've turned-off/disabled all services and startup entries that I can and still keep the PC working including virus protection. Page file was already set at 3070mb.

I'm still having problems.

Here's the scenario:

1) 4 AVCHD clips recorded at 1920X1080 60i. Bitrate is 15.29 mps. Frame rate is 29.97 fps.
2) Each clip edited in PD7 as 16:9 set to interlaced.
3) 5 chapters set using the Add Chapter Position button.
4) Project saved to HDD. Results in a 27 minute video.
5) Burn to disc (hdd) set to HQ DVD
6) Using stock menu template #16.
7) Turned-off Menu Video Thumbnail
Authored the menu to set the title text the way I wanted it.
9) Selected the MP3 music I wanted.
10) Hit the Burn button
11) DVD burn fails at about 80+ % into the burn process.

The standard Windows message "Powerdirector 7 has encountered a problem and has to be shut down" appears.

The Windows Application Event Viewer shows the following message: Faulting application pdr.exe, version 7.0.0.1829, faulting module cltzan.ax, version 2.0.0.1625, fault address 0x000bad16.

System setup:
Mobo: Intel DG35EX
Video: On-board
CPU: Intel Q6700 Quad Core at 2.66Ghz
RAM: 2GB Corsair 800 Mhz

Next Steps: Remove all but the 1st chapter and see what happens. Regards,

Mark H.