Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Forum Threads / Topics Out Of Order?
Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2008 17:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm almost embarrassed to ask because I'm thinking that I'm just missing a simple setting or 'sort' button somewhere, but I can't find it.

Is it just me, or is this forum not sorting threads / topics by date correctly?

Usually the the topic w/ the most recent response gets moved to the top of the forum, but that's not happening here (at least not in the PD version 6 and above section).

When I go to page 2, things seem to get out of whack. I see posts w/ a last message timestamp of 7/19/08 ahead of posts w/ last messages from 7/22/08. Even stranger is that a post that is on page 1 also shows up on page 2 - checking the link of both - they go to the same exact post:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3465.page

Also - this thread, which I assumed is (or should be) a sticky:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page

Doesn't show up as a sticky....

Soooooooo - is it just me, or is the forum acting up?
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Glad you had the nerve to ask.

I thought I was crazy. Regards,

Mark H.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Marc,
Unlike other more boring forums, this one occaisionally has a visit from the forum fairy who has been known to steal people's posts. I don't think its anything personal and sometimes he (or she) puts them back later. But, of course, it might just be me (or in this case you)
Welcome. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2008 17:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
OK - I replied to a post the other day and when I came back to follow-up, I couldn't find it w/o using search. Then as I started digging in and reading other topics I started noticing the dates...

I thought I was losing it!!

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all the above.....

I moderate on the forum which means I tend to clip the wings of a few or do something that entails some sort of moderating (moving a post is the most frequent task). When I do that the date order of postings reverts to the original date order. For example: If someone has dug up an old topic and added to it...that topic will go back to it's original posting date.

Now as to page 2 issue... yep we are all aware of that... issue... and we all have to live with it.

Use the Recent Topic link to find posts can be helpful.

Please note I only zap posts on those that don't or haven't conformed to the terms of this forum. Thankfully only a few don't.

Adrian.... actually it's a Dragon that visits.....

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 23. 2008 14:50

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Dafydd,

ydy Cymraeg ddraig?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.