Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing to a Streaming File
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I'm attempting to produce to a WMV 9 HD High Quality file.

Everything works great until the rendering gets to the 1st transition effect.

Either PDU7 errors-out with the standard 'MS Encountered An Error Message" or I get a message saying something abot not being able to stretch the clip and/or something is not installed correctly.

Anyone else seen this problem?

I've forward all the requisit screen shots to the support folks.

(yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and am having the same problem) Regards,

Mark H.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

What's the effect when selecting a different wmv template?
What's the result when using the aquarium.mpg and rendering that to a streaming wmv file?
What is the frame size of the video you're converting?
What is the aspect ratio you're working in and outputting to?

I would also ask you to try out a number of wmv templates I have created for other PowerDirector users - just to gauge the result on your system.
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras.html
there are other tools for PowerDirector Editors and membership is free. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the auto install template files.

I realise some of these questions might appear basic... just ticking off information.

I'm also going to presume you are using PowerDirector 7 and it's version 1829. Please state otherwise.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2008 05:47

Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent. Thanks for the response and the tips.

Yes, I'm using build 1829 of PD7.

I'm also using the stock Windows Media 9 HD High Quality template to convert the clips shot at 16:9.

The first clip renders just fine up until the point of the transition effect I inserted in between two clips.

I'll give your tips a try and let you know how I make out. Regards,

Mark H.
Mark H. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still no luck. Rendering continues to abort at the point of the first transition effect. Again, everything rendered up to the transition (~~ 22 minutes) looks great.

I'm attempting to render edited AVCHD clips with two transition effects using Jared's HD High Quality template.

Total length of the raw vid after editing is 27 minutes, 30 fps, 16:9 aspect ratio.

I've not tried the Aquarium.mpg file just yet.

I'd attach some screen shots to show some of the information requested but attaching files to the post is not working.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 16. 2008 08:07

Regards,

Mark H.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've sent you a few more "tests" to check out.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2008 11:06

Mark H. [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've sent you a PM with test results. Regards,

Mark H.
Mark H. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Did some further testing by rerunning test #1 and finally I got an error message that can be read.

See the 1st attachment with the error message.

See the 2nd attachment with properties of the clip prior to the transition. Properteries are the same for the clip after the transition.

[Thumb - test_1_err_2.jpg]
 Filename
test_1_err_2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)
[Thumb - test_1_clip_info.jpg]
 Filename
test_1_clip_info.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
165 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2008 21:39

Regards,

Mark H.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mark,

Can you:
1.Create a close up on the Time-line - specifically I want to view the clips/images.
2. what's the applied magic effect you've added.
3. I need you to run through exactly what your selections have been.

At the moment and after reading your test results I'm a tad baffled. The fingers are pointing at the template, the video frame size and now at what you've selected!!!!

So I need you to read and carry out some guide actions:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART B, C, D, E, F (these will help with image grabbing etc).
OK, that'll do for the moment. Email the results and post if you wish. Data will be forwarded to CyberLink RD.

Dafydd
Mark H. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

This siuation was bugging me so I gave it one last shot and removed the transition from the middle of the two clips and viola, I was able to render using the Win Media 9 HD High Quality template.

I inserted various other transitions in between the two clips and PD aborted as expected

Also, I have no problem rendering with the transition included using the Win Media 9 DVD Quality template. Likewise, I can render successfully to MPEG-2 and .MOV.

Is it possible that the Win Media 9 codec does not like the transitions defined in PD7 unless you're rendering to a smaller frame size?

Regards,

Mark H.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

That's what I was trying to get from you when I asked for a list of actions... I wanted to check the prx template you were using... if it was that. Some prx's have specific frame sizes.

The fact you can render to other formats does point to the prx (that's the templates for wmv).
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/218/creating-wmv-templates/

Take a look here.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2843.page
You may need to download a windows program.

I know it's a learning curve... actually you're doing really well.

Isolating a cause is important and a video editor must be confident to look, assess and resolve.

Dafydd
Mark H. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Here's an update.

The two source clips are AVCHD filmed at 1920x1080 60i.

I tried to produce to an AVCHD file using the stock 1920 x1080 template. The rendering failed at the point of the transition

I then tried the 1440 x 1080 stock template and the AVCHD rendering was successful.

I did not try the 720 x 480 AVCHD template, but I'm guessing it would work as well given the smaller frame size.

I then (successfully) rendered the resulting 1440 x 1080 M2TS file using the Windows Media HD High Quality template. I now have a WMV file of my two test clips with the transition included.

This has been the only way I've been able to render my test clips (with transition) into HD High Quality WMV file.

It's two steps, but it does work. Regards,

Mark H.