Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ColorDirector Tutorial for Newbie
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2019 04:20 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks
I'm brand new to ColorDirector 9 (just upgraded from PD18 to the full 365 package) and am looking for a set of tutorials that will take me from scratch to a reasonable level of proficiency.
Does anyone know if this exists?
best regards
Neil
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Folks
I'm brand new to ColorDirector 9 (just upgraded from PD18 to the full 365 package) and am looking for a set of tutorials that will take me from scratch to a reasonable level of proficiency.
Does anyone know if this exists?
best regards
Neil

I assume perhaps that means that you didn't have ColorDirector as part of PD18. A good starting place might be the user guide. They stopped making them for PD19, but the PD18/CD8 user guide will get you started perhaps. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download select ColorDirector and version 8, at the top there is a blue "Download User Guide" tab that may be of help. Much better than the online manuals for just thumbing.

Jeff
[Post New]
Hello Neil,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

Jeff's advice is correct. The downloadable User Guide in PDF format is easy to navigate and find the answers you seek. In fact, the structure of the UG & online Help File for CDR9 are very similar, and much of the content is the same.

I'm not sure what's happened to the batch of CDR tutorials at the CL Learning Centre. I just went there to check the link & drew a blank! surprised Perhaps there's been some housekeeping done.

These CDR9 tutorials should help you get started.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]

I assume perhaps that means that you didn't have ColorDirector as part of PD18. A good starting place might be the user guide. They stopped making them for PD19, but the PD18/CD8 user guide will get you started perhaps. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download select ColorDirector and version 8, at the top there is a blue "Download User Guide" tab that may be of help. Much better than the online manuals for just thumbing.

Jeff

Hi Jeff
Yes, that's correct. I'm reasonably au fait with PD18 but no idea where to start on ColorDirector, so thanks for the heads-up from England ;
very best regards
Neil
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Neil,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

Jeff's advice is correct. The downloadable User Guide in PDF format is easy to navigate and find the answers you seek. In fact, the structure of the UG & online Help File for CDR9 are very similar, and much of the content is the same.

I'm not sure what's happened to the batch of CDR tutorials at the CL Learning Centre. I just went there to check the link & drew a blank! surprised Perhaps there's been some housekeeping done.

These CDR9 tutorials should help you get started.

PIX

Hi and thanks for this steer. Like you, I tried the Learning Centre and came to the same blank page - not much use!
I've usually rely on Maliek's adfice for PD18, but he doesn't seem to have a 'Janet & John Go to School' Guide for ColorDirector, which isn't as intuitive as PD.
Always great to hear from the US of A ;
very best regards
Neil