Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I see the stuttering after playing about 6 seconds. This is a 4K AVC 120Mbps clip, and the simplest solution is to turn on shadow files and let PD generate a lower resolution working copy for so your timeline editing will be smooth and easy.

You can also convert the clip to an intermediate format like MagicYUV and work with full resolution without any delays.

I do use shadow files, but once its done processing, it actually makes it 100x worse

It plays just fine, and in the preview window in powerdirector plays just fine, but move it to the timeline a big nope lol
Thought I'd update to confirm this is an issue with PowerDirector and AMD CPU's...

Does NOT happen on my 9th gen i5 laptop.

Makes me think twice about this upgrade to the 3900x, BUT the video file does work normally in other video editors
Quote It plays back okay on my timeline. Haven't try to edit it yet. My preview resolution is set to high.

Thanks for testing! So you dragged it into the timeline then pressed play? It plays fine when previewing. But once I put it in the timeline playing the preview is laggy and choppy.

Are you Intel or AMD? about to try it on my Intel laptop and see how it goes
I always shoot 4K60, its a pain to edit 4K60 H265 from an iPhone in PowerDirector, even had a few memebers here replicate the issue on there end. Still not fixed to this day.

But new phone new problems, Picked up a OnePlus 8 and 4K60 videos record around 150-160mbps bitrate... Well PowerDirector once again is unusable. Editing it the preview is laggy and unusable.

Here is a video sample if someone will mind to try it themselfs to confirm this issue. Just place the video in the timeline and try and just try and play the time line back and look at the issue..

http://hunterspad.co.uk/downloads/test.mp4

My computer specs are not the issue here

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200mhz
RTX 2080 Super
Running on a Samsung 970 Evo NVME.

Thanks!
hmmm UPDATE: heres an interesting find... Loading PD18 without any of the free packs guess what? No Lag! One of the free included packs is causing the issue.
Quote I suggest re-enabling the iGPU and rebooting. It will be easy to see if there's a noticeable difference or not.

Also, PD18 now has a UHD preview setting, but unless you've got the preview set to non-real time mode, you'll see some noticeable lag when previewing. Try setting the preview resolution to simply HD and see if that helps. Even my i9-9900K can't smoothly preview 4k 60p clips in UHD resolution, and there's no way a 6-core CPU could do it.

I did try that and it made no change. Even on another clean install of windows 10 with nothing but drivers same problem.

Odd part though it handles everything fine in PD17 just fine. The issue is also occuring with 720p video
Quote Thanks for posting that. I see two things that might have an impact.

The first is that there's no listing for your i7-8700K's integrated UHD Graphics 630 GPU. Did you intentionally disable it in Device Manager, or in the UEFI/BIOS? I'm asking because there apparently were specific improvements made in PD18 for multiple GPU systems and you might not see any benefit from that if PD is only using your nVidia card.

The other thing that stands out is the number of crashes at the end of the report (the last 10 significant crashes are shown starting with WER). Some are PD-related, while others are from a Dell/Alienware app. I mention this because it's possible that some underlying system issue might be affecting PD, or possibly even using resources when you want PD to have them.

Please take a look at this post for a couple of quick checks/repairs to run.

Yeah I have it disabled due to no benifit. Even when enabled windows don't detect it with the Nvidia GPU installed.

About the Alienware app thats a common thing and should be unrelated, This is a clean install from a few days ago.

Odd thing is PD17 works perfectly fine with this still as I still have it installed. Only time I have this issue with PD17 is weird video formats.
Quote Thanks for the screen capture. Can you follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag results? It might help to see how your system is configured and which video drivers are installed.

Attached. Running the latest video drivers from Nvidia currently.
Just updated to PD18 365 from V17 today and timeline editing is laggy to say the best. When editing clips by snipping or dragging to edit the lenth of the clip its so slow an extra second or two of waiting per edit. Even just dragging the clip theres an extra second or two wait.

While I can still open up PD17 and its just normal and fast with the same clips.

These are 4K60 h264 clips if it matters havent tested any others yet. But just know it works fine in PD17 without this extra lag.

Specs:
i7 8700k
32GB Ram
NVME drive
Nvidia 1070 ti

Specs are nowhere near lacking,

Video of the issue

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Interesting, my v17 works fine with your video but my platform is weaker than yours.
Maybe customer support can help you.

but did you perform several edits like trimming the video a few times with a few splits? That’s generally when it starts. It’s not all 100% but it is there and can be random

only problem with customer service is I get the usual blaming my computer and to contact there support, when I AM THE SUPPORT lol as it’s my own custom build. But yeah this issue occurs even just installing a clean copy of windows 10 with updating drivers nothing else and it occurs. It’s definitely and issue with the software.
Thanks once again!

Yeah its really weird. And can be hit or miss. If you just put the video into the timeline without editing and produce generally it'll do it without issue. But any sort of editing causes it. Trimming affects it more than using the split function in the timeline. I've produced about 500 different videos with PD over the years. And just over a year ago when I started shooting 4K60 is when this began. Its deffiantly something to do with the HEVC encoded video the iPhone produces.

Cause Just convernting it to .h264 powerdirector handles the same video just fine. Just annoying to spend forever converting the videos. Which has caused me to start using another device that records in 4K60 but not in HEVC

Thanks for the helpful info. We'll see what happens one my system as soon as you can share a sample clip. That one with the tree in your YT video would be ideal. Let me know if you need me to send you a link to a OneDrive or Google Drive folder on my account.

Here it is - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rphjl5jnzxq8uk2/IMG_5234.MOV?dl=0

Just put it in the time line and do a few splits and edit the lenth in a few different places and produce it.

Thanks again for the help and responces!

What GPU do you have? I only have tested this on Nvidia GPU's

Also another note: The frameskipping does not always occur during editing, sometimes it will only show in the final produced video.

I've never seen anything like that. What bitrate did you produce to? Did you use a custom output profile, or a standard one? Does the produced video look like that when you play it in Windows Media Player, VLC, or the Movies & TV app, or is it only like that on YT?

Bitrate was 45,000 both custom and standard do it.

It looks like this in the actual video file. Played on WMP, VLC, MPC, YouTube, Android, iPhone, etc. The produced file plays the same. But sometimes the studdering can usually be seen in the timeline before even producing the video. While the raw original video is fine. Converting it using a video converter makes it work just fine in PD.

Yes, please share a clip. In that YouTube video, are you saying that it was supposed to play smoothly, and that none of those jumps were your edits?

In that video I only trimmed the video in the timeline nothing else. If I didnt trim it at all theres a chance that wouldnt of happened

Sure. The DxDiag is standard procedure to confirm or cross off some important contributing factors.

Here is an example. https://youtu.be/Sjn9XprfWnU Only some of that frame showed up in the timeline, and when produced there was more. Throw an non HEVC video in there and it works wonders, but its only HEVC thats causing this, which the iPhone forces it if I want 4K60

If you want I could send you a raw file from the iPhone and I bet you can easily reproduce it.
Here is DxDiag

Sure. The DxDiag is standard procedure to confirm or cross off some important contributing factors.

Generally speaking, timeline stuttering can be addressed by using shadow files and/or lowering the preview resolution. However, there are some specific combinations of edits that can slow PD down even when those steps are taken, so a screen capture showing the kinds of edits you typically do would be helpful.

None of those issue should show up in the produced video, as they're caused by your system's inability to handle all the specific computational work in real-time. Once the video is produced, all of the edits are "baked in" and it should play normally.

In the screen recording, it would also be great to see what profile you produce to and then share a produced clip that has the visible artifacts.

Sometimes the studdering occurs in the timeline while edding and a small chance that it works out normally. But THEN when produced the studdering is there.

It happens when produced with every format, AVI, XAVC S, H.264 MP4, and so on. The final produced video will have it.
Quote There are lots of things going on in your post and it would help to take things one step at a time. First, this is a user forum and nobody here is in a position to "fix" anything, however I'm sure we'll be able to get things running much more smoothly for you.

Next, please follow the instructions in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and run the DxDiag test. The specs you've posted are only the barest details, and the DxDiag test will give us all the critical driver information. It will also help if you stick to one version of PD (for now) and attach a screenshot of the version screen, showing all of the icons.

Next, it would be very helpful if you could upload a short sample clip to a cloud folder and paste the link to it here. I know there are sample video available from various iPhone models, but I'd like to make sure we're working with the exact same clip that you're having difficulty with.

thanks, will post that later when I get home. My drivers are updated (at least important ones anyway) I’m well experienced with computers

Its not not just one clip it’s all of them have over 1TB of footage just from the iPhone alone haha. But I’ll upload a produced clip to show you how it looks. The best way to test it is trim the Video a few times and it’s amost always occurs. Only fix is to remove the clip from the timeline and readd it which generally I just have to convert the file into a different format and it doesn’t happen. Which does show it’s definitely an issue with that format with powerdirector.

I only use PD17 on my main build. I was just saying that the previous versions encounter the same issue across a ton of different hardware
PowerDIrector 15,16, and 17 all behave the SAME way.

Videos from my iPhone XS I record in 4K60 and forced to use HEVC format, PowerDirector absoultely handles it TERRIBLE!

Scrubbing through footage etc etc is a breeze, even while editing the clip, but playback at random times (not all the time) But very easy to reproduce, it frame skips! Makes the video jumpy, also applies in the produced video as well! This occurs on several different machines. If I convert the video to another format (which is a pain) the issue is not there. It only applies to HEVC videos.

When will this be fixed? cause I know I'm not the only one.

Specs / Computer is not the issue.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro
Core i7 8700k
24GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti
250GB NVME
1TB SSD
Few HDD,etc

I've been suffering with this for over a year now, its became so much of a pain I've had to start using a Galaxy S9 which records 4K60 in a different format.

Thanks!
I've had this issue for awhile now and it seems to be random.

4K60p videos from my iPhone 8 (And now iPhone XS) Both during editing / preview it does it and even after being products theres missing frames etc gives it a choppy look.

Clean install of Windows 10
Specs: i7 8700k
24GB Ram
GTX 1060 6GB
Samsung Evo 970 m.2 drive

etc etc performance is not the issue here.

Only happens with HVEC encoded videos.

Any ideas? I was gonna try and just rereneder them but that takes ages

Thanks!

(I was gonna try it with the new PD17 Trial, but cant import those types of videos with the trial to even test it)
To add to this issue.. I've dealt with this since PowerDirector 14 and now been using 15 for the past year.

Not to hijack

Windows 7

Intel i7 6700k

RX480

Samsung EVO 960 m.2 drive

No reason to have issues. Brand new updated nothing else windows 7, random crashes at random times Been like this forever. Windows 10 the crashing does NOT occur.
Go to: