Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MEDIA SOURCE ERROR' 'FRONT END GRAPH STREAMING ERROR OCCURED'
Marty M [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Apr 19, 2010 15:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have Powerdirector 7 DE 7,0,3311 Serial No. CDS090717-04
MEDIA SOURCE ERROR' 'FRONT END GRAPH STREAMING ERROR OCCURED

I totaly need this program. But it's nothing but trouble, I feel I should get a FREE donwload of a full version of power director 8 for all my head ache and trouble.
This has costed my valuable time, and a waste of space on my new laptop.

This needs to be fixed now. And I'm not jumping thru any hoops to fix a un fixable peice of ****.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2010 09:08

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
No named post:

Read: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7979.page

Please amend your Profile to display a (fuller) contact name. This post will be unlocked and the reminder removed once your Profile
has been changed - thank you.
Please send me a PM when you've made the correction.
Your post(s) may be deleted if your profile remains unchanged.
Dafydd
[Moderator]

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Marty,
You re-iterated in your PM to me that you don't want to jump through hoops and a few other terse comments. Well I don't need to have antagonistic PM messages from you. This isn't CyberLink Tech Support, I'm a PowerDirector Video Editor like everyone else on here.

I use the latest FULL version software, unlike yourself.

I suggest you look up the limitations of the software you have which I posted on this forum some TWO YEARS ago: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page#13643

As for your error message - likely to be a file format the program cant read. Either add some codecs or convert the file to a readable video format.

The fault lies with what you have and doing with an old program. Video has moved on since the development of that old program.

Customer Support is here:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

READ:
This is a forum for CyberLink members to discuss and share their users' experience. CyberLink customer support will not reply in the forum regarding the technical issues. Topics or replies with attacking or illegal messages will be deleted by the forum management directly.

If you still have a problem, take it up with them because I sure as heck don't give a hoot about your problem YOU UNDERSTAND!

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 01. 2010 11:25

Marty M [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was looking for the people who made this junk to step up, not a customer, or user like myself. It's junk just like this Full version of Powerdirector 8 Ultra, noting but problems. Same junk new wrapper.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Marty,
My advice to you, whether you want it or not. Take a deep breath and read your posts and PM from a readers prospective. You come across badly, you don't give sufficient information that's worthwhile to an editor who could help you. You are ungrateful and truculent. Shape up man, no-one here will assist you thinking they'll be on the end of a stomp.

WE have all been climbing walls with software at one time or another, that isn't new.

Now instead of opinionating (where you appear not to know) - read some of the following guides and come back with information.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2010 12:36

Marty M [Avatar]
[Post New]
Would you go buy a new car, a 2010 model, then have to get it towed to a garage to be repaired? I'm just saying what needs to be said. I have nothing agenst you, when you replyed I just asumed you must have been the owner of the software. I'm not a mean, or spiteful person, and I love most everyone. But this is uncalled for my operating system is fine. I'm also a PC Tech, I have built, and worked on hundreds of computers. And I'm also a profecient video editor, and plenty of knowlege with various file types. My camera is a pansonic lumix dmc-fz35. File is M2TS, or AVCHD. Sorry for my rude and obnoxious behavior pointed to you in general.
Marty M [Avatar]
[Post New]
I might add that I have to convert my files the AVCHD files, that is into WMV, or AVI, something that PD 7 can understand, but I still get errors all the time. Sometimes, I get them right off the bat, sometimes it happens while rendering.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Marty,
The PD7 DE 7,0,3311 (cut down version) software you're using is/was designed for use with pre-AVCHD software and is LIMITED in it's ability. You're using a 2008 50cc motor cycle and expect it to have 4 doors and a boot when all it has is minimal comfort and the wind/rain blows in your face! PD8 is a heck of a lot better.

The conversion of the file software you're carrying out is by a third party software. You have codec conversion recognition and a general reliance on that product carrying out the task correctly. The conversion of the mts appears to be the problem area here.

In PD8 you can load the MTS files and edit. I don't use shadow edit files. My computer is powerful enough but only up to a point. Even my system and many other editors struggle when expectations raise higher with over zealous editing style.

You still haven't given your spec. Perhaps you'd like to view those of others. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8445.page

I don't have a sample file from your camera, if you make one available I can test it on my system. Do you want me to do that for you?

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2010 03:49

Marty M [Avatar]
[Post New]
HP DV6-2157us
AMD Turion 2 Dual Core Mobile 520 2300mhz
4GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
AMD M880G chipset
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Graphics