Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Irene

Yes, everything you've worked on has been saved in the respective PDS files as you've named them, and the full version will be able to open them just like the trial version was able to do. The full version will not have any limitations for producing to high resolution formats, and all editing features will be enabled.

As for your older items, I'm not sure why the trial version didn't pick up on them. Is your older version of PD still installed? There are ways of recovering those older downloaded and customized objects if needed.

The good news is that there's a 30-day money back guarantee, so there's no risk of getting the full version and seeing if it can access everything from your older projects. Give that a try and post back once you know if PD17 was able to access your custom material or not.
Hi, I have been trying out Power Director 17 on the free trial and created and saved projects. I believe if I buy the full version there will be more of everything within that, but, will the projects I have saved work with the new download.?
Although the answer ot my question is no doubtedly going to be YES, I need reassurance after all the work put into the projects.
All my custom stuff from my older version of powerdirecor is not up in the trial, will it return when I buy the full version?
Thanks for any advice
Thank you Carl
Hi
Many thanks for your replies.
I managed to find earlier advice on the subject and updated my Quicktime as was one suggestion.
Quite frankly I don't know that was the problem as the project had played through in PD10 once before saving it. But, I was able to reload from my PC hard drive (where the loaded SD video was stored) and complete and burn the home movie after that.
I will note the File > Export > Pack Project Materials. in future. I am assuning you feel it is a safer way to save the project than the standard method.
Thanks again
Hi,
I am trying to do a special occasion home video for my son from his SD card, MOV files, ( not my own usual format). All loaded OK into PD10 and when checking through it all played OK too.

Really annoying though when after adding special titles and effects etc and saving project for completion later, I am getting error messages. I tried to ignore and load anyway, but, not working and the video files have become blanks.

It is a long video of 1 hr 50 mins even in its present format. Is that the problem?

Can anyone advise please?
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am often prompted before producing to change the aspect not realising I was working in the wrong one.

Many thanks for the advice.
Hi,

I love all the extra stuff (effects,etc) that we are able to download. I am relatilvely new to it all but learning a lot and my family appreciate all the additions to what was once a bit boring family videos.
But although I am told the downloads are now available to me within the program I cannot always find them there. Thay are downloaded firstly in to my downloads folder and then I open them on to the program.

Thanks
Hi, Can anyone advise me as to whether it is possible to use my iphone videos with my PD10 program.

I have recently tried to make a home video using video from my camcorder and a collection of small video captions on my iphone.

I first came across the problem of needing to rotate the videos from the iphone after uploading to my PC. I managed to do that using Freemake video converter but tried various formats because the video did not, then, play properly. It finally worked OK when I chose the Andriod setting but more problems arose after insertion in the program when trying to burn to disc later.

It froze at the point of burning where I would estimate the iphone video started.

I then tried to insert this after making it into a separate project. The same thing happened.

Once I removed the iphone project the disc burnt with no problems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Go to: