Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SD cards MOV ?
Irenej [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Mar 19, 2013 05:05 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am trying to do a special occasion home video for my son from his SD card, MOV files, ( not my own usual format). All loaded OK into PD10 and when checking through it all played OK too.

Really annoying though when after adding special titles and effects etc and saving project for completion later, I am getting error messages. I tried to ignore and load anyway, but, not working and the video files have become blanks.

It is a long video of 1 hr 50 mins even in its present format. Is that the problem?

Can anyone advise please?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
IreneJ,
did you copy the files onto your hard drive?
If you did not, and removed the SD card, PD cannot find the files. When PD cannot find files, it replaces them with a blank "space holder", the blackboard in your timeline.
I'm not sure if that is the issue, but I am guessing for now. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
To make a Powerdirector project portable, Use the Pack Project Materials.

File > Export > Pack Project Materials.

Pack Project will copy all of the project files on the timeline and the project file to the location you specify I.E. your SD card.

The project file will load the project from the SD card or even if you copy that packed project folder to the computer. It is truly portable.

Project files are not backward compatible. Save in PD10, only opens in PD10 or later.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2013 10:52

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi
Many thanks for your replies.
I managed to find earlier advice on the subject and updated my Quicktime as was one suggestion.
Quite frankly I don't know that was the problem as the project had played through in PD10 once before saving it. But, I was able to reload from my PC hard drive (where the loaded SD video was stored) and complete and burn the home movie after that.
I will note the File > Export > Pack Project Materials. in future. I am assuning you feel it is a safer way to save the project than the standard method.
Thanks again
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi
Many thanks for your replies.
I managed to find earlier advice on the subject and updated my Quicktime as was one suggestion.
Quite frankly I don't know that was the problem as the project had played through in PD10 once before saving it. But, I was able to reload from my PC hard drive (where the loaded SD video was stored) and complete and burn the home movie after that.
I will note the File > Export > Pack Project Materials. in future. I am assuning you feel it is a safer way to save the project than the standard method.
Thanks again

Absolutely,

Pack project removes the hard location and uses a relative location, means that the project is portable.
Plus the benifit of having all of the file used on the timeline stored in the same location.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Irenej [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Carl