Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Great, thanks for the good info!
Yes, Wave Editor was installed, it just didnt integrate with the PD program. It only installed into a separate program folder. It wouldnt start from within the PD program. However, I have reinstalled the entire PD10 program and now it does have Wave Editor integrated. However, the Vacation Package I purchased still wont install but states it must have version 6.0 or greater PD to install, which of course it does.
Ok thanks..what about Producing? Stick with Mpeg2 or does Mpeg4 have any benefit?
Thanks for taking the time to respond! I certainly will focus on your settings, then. I assume these are your CAPTURE settings and not the PRODUCE settings or both? I read somewhere that to preserve the best quality on Importing your videotape you should use AVI. What is your opinion on that? I know the file size is big but they are treasured old videotapes and I want to preserve them in as near to original quality as I can. Thanks!
Hi and thanks for taking the time to respond: Yes, the link you gave was the Creative Design Pack I purchased, specifically the travel one. No, it didn't install at all. It began the install then indicated it could not as it required PD ver 6 or higher, which of course I have (ver 10) . I bought it as I didnt see any templates in DZ that I could use. Anyone else with this problem? (I couldnt get WAV editor to install as an integrated part of PD either..sheesh..Thanks!
I just purchased the Creative Design Pack Vacation package. When I try to install it , it gives the error that it must have PowerDirector 6.0 and above and will not install. I have PowerDirector 10.0, ther latest version, installed. It did say in the description it was designed for PD version 7 but I assumed they would not be selling a product that does not work with their later versions of software. Foolish me.

Does anyone know how can I install the package or, if I can not, how do I obtain a refund? Thanks for your help.
Hi. Please excuse the rudimentary questions but I am just beginning to use PD10. My first project is converting old VHS tapes to digital form and, in the process, have been trying to grasp the vast confusion of video file format options. What a confusion of terms and opinions on what file formats to use and when. I have searched for weeks trying to understand the differences between avi's, Mpegs, h.264, avchd, on and on till I am blue in the face. The PD User manual was not much help and googled info usually assumes you are already well-versed.. What a help it would be to us newcomers to PD if someone provided a simple chart and explanation on what file types and settings might be used in any given importing/producing situation.

Can someone tell me, in simple terms, what import and production file types and settings they use to import VHS tapes (AVI or MPEG-2?) and then produce to a file type with the best quality/file size? Thanks for any help provided!
Thanks for the info. How is Huntsville? I went to high school there lo these many years ago: I have a JVC VHS machine tho I have no idea if it has that TBC you mentioned. What capture device do you use ? Gracias
Thanks much, I am not really interested at this point to burn DVDs but simply want to convert to useable files that can be posted online. Thanks for the tip!
Thanks for the replies. Phil, I wasnt really asking about competitive softare, rather what hardware others are using with this software and what might be recommended. Carl, I am probably needing a USB device for now as I have a slimline PC case and limited to a low profile card..what card do you recommend? THanks!
Well, I re-installed Windows Vista (I know, but it came with the machine) and re-installed only the Dazzle DVC-100 driver and ONLY the PD 9 software and still no audio device recognized. I also did more Googling and found a number of people with the same problem and no solutions out there at all. So, apparently Cyberlink does not work with Dazzle capture device, which seems odd to me as it is a device that people can walk in and buy off the shelf at the box stores..anyway, I give up and will look for another device as the Cyberlink program seems capture a better looking video from VHS tape..thanks.
Hi. New to this software and wondering, since I am having problems with my Dazzle DVC-100 video capture device, what devices do others use to transfer VHS videotapes from a VCR using RCA and S-video connections and any tips on value and quality? I wold like something inexpensive yet produces a good video, of course. I can't find much on Cyberlink's information about supported hardware. Thanks!
Hi, thanks for you help. Yes, the sound works with every other application so it is not a Windows problem., In fact, it works fine with the Video Editing software that came with the Dazzle device so the driver is ok. I also tried routing the audio from a USB driven speaker as well as the line out on the motherboard audio port. It just doesnt work with Cyberlink. There is no option to select the audio from the drop down menu. Is there anyone else who uses the Dazzle device? I thought it wold be rather popular as it is an off the shelf item at the local Best Buy.
Hi. I will attach a screenshot. As you can see, the program recognizes my capture device correctly, Dazzle DVC-100, and recognizes it as an S-Video connection, but has no audio device recognized. I can capture no audio. I must be doing something wrong as this Dazzle thingy is an off the shelf, very common device sold in the box stores. Thanks for any ideas!
Yes, sorry, of course I also connected the audio cables, just wanted to advise the mode of connection.
I just downloaded and installed the trial version of Power Director 9.0. I am using a new Pinnacle Dazzle DVC-107 USB capture device attached to a standard VHS VCR. When I attempt to capture video from a videotape, there is video but no sound. I see in the settings section that the program correctly identifies the DVC-107 capture device attached via S-Video cable, but does not recognize any audio device. Therefore there is no sound either importing or in the exported movie. Quite disappointing as this is a very common device and I read such great reviews of this product. Please advise me? Thanks for your help!
Go to: