Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No audio device recognized, new install
Viajerozz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 09:12 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded and installed the trial version of Power Director 9.0. I am using a new Pinnacle Dazzle DVC-107 USB capture device attached to a standard VHS VCR. When I attempt to capture video from a videotape, there is video but no sound. I see in the settings section that the program correctly identifies the DVC-107 capture device attached via S-Video cable, but does not recognize any audio device. Therefore there is no sound either importing or in the exported movie. Quite disappointing as this is a very common device and I read such great reviews of this product. Please advise me? Thanks for your help!
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
to the best of my knowledge, the svideo connector does not have audio, you need to also connect the red-white audio (for sterio) cables from vhs machine to the dazzle. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, sorry, of course I also connected the audio cables, just wanted to advise the mode of connection.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide a screen shot of the Capture Workspace, might help.

I have used a Kworld device which only needed the USB input to the PC and the other RCA cables connected to the VHS player. A very long time since I needed to input VHS tape video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2011 15:49

Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi. I will attach a screenshot. As you can see, the program recognizes my capture device correctly, Dazzle DVC-100, and recognizes it as an S-Video connection, but has no audio device recognized. I can capture no audio. I must be doing something wrong as this Dazzle thingy is an off the shelf, very common device sold in the box stores. Thanks for any ideas!
[Thumb - Cyberlink no audio.jpg]
 Filename
Cyberlink no audio.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried re-installing the Dazzle device software?

I do not think the audio driver got installed.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
does the audio device show up in the windows device management window, or the volume control window. The "audio crossover device" might be masking the usb audio from the dazzle.

if you machine can see it, then there should be a drop down memu to select it within pd9. Might have to try line-in or route the audio thru the sound card. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for you help. Yes, the sound works with every other application so it is not a Windows problem., In fact, it works fine with the Video Editing software that came with the Dazzle device so the driver is ok. I also tried routing the audio from a USB driven speaker as well as the line out on the motherboard audio port. It just doesnt work with Cyberlink. There is no option to select the audio from the drop down menu. Is there anyone else who uses the Dazzle device? I thought it wold be rather popular as it is an off the shelf item at the local Best Buy.
Rocket-Scientist
[Post New]
is it possible that the dazzle software has locked or claimed that audio resource on bootup. can you temporarilly disable the dazzle software and see if PD9 can then see the resource? RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I re-installed Windows Vista (I know, but it came with the machine) and re-installed only the Dazzle DVC-100 driver and ONLY the PD 9 software and still no audio device recognized. I also did more Googling and found a number of people with the same problem and no solutions out there at all. So, apparently Cyberlink does not work with Dazzle capture device, which seems odd to me as it is a device that people can walk in and buy off the shelf at the box stores..anyway, I give up and will look for another device as the Cyberlink program seems capture a better looking video from VHS tape..thanks.