Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't install Creative Design Pack
Viajerozz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 09:12 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased the Creative Design Pack Vacation package. When I try to install it , it gives the error that it must have PowerDirector 6.0 and above and will not install. I have PowerDirector 10.0, ther latest version, installed. It did say in the description it was designed for PD version 7 but I assumed they would not be selling a product that does not work with their later versions of software. Foolish me.

Does anyone know how can I install the package or, if I can not, how do I obtain a refund? Thanks for your help.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

Do you mean the DVD Menus pack at the bottom of this page? http://www.cyberlink.com/products/creative-design-packs/overview_en_US.html

I'm unsure about whether that is compatible with PD10... but only because I have no other PD7 menus. On DirectorZone, there are hundreds of DVD menus that are compatible with PD 7, 8, 9 & 10. That would indicate that the menu structure is just the same. Yep - to my way of thinking - it should work.

Menu Packs, like the Romance Pack & the others, are stored on your PC at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates (in sub-folders) - might be worth checking there to see whether they've installed. Maybe.

I'm sure that, if you cannot get them to install correctly, you'll be able to get a refund through customer service https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/customer-services.do

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi and thanks for taking the time to respond: Yes, the link you gave was the Creative Design Pack I purchased, specifically the travel one. No, it didn't install at all. It began the install then indicated it could not as it required PD ver 6 or higher, which of course I have (ver 10) . I bought it as I didnt see any templates in DZ that I could use. Anyone else with this problem? (I couldnt get WAV editor to install as an integrated part of PD either..sheesh..Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
??? So WaveEditor isn't installed??? Were you prompted to install it, along with SmartSound?

There may be something wrong with your initial installation.

Before you request a refund, I'd try a complete uninstall - reboot - reinstall... then try your travel pack.

DZ has a few travel/vacation menus - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/search-action.do?searchType=creation&keyword=travel%20vacation#MT_-1_score_0_ALL_thumb_1

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, Wave Editor was installed, it just didnt integrate with the PD program. It only installed into a separate program folder. It wouldnt start from within the PD program. However, I have reinstalled the entire PD10 program and now it does have Wave Editor integrated. However, the Vacation Package I purchased still wont install but states it must have version 6.0 or greater PD to install, which of course it does.
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, three days later and still waiting for some reply from PD support. Guess they are going to be like most other software makers these days. I;m issuing for a refund.