Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 vr output
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have imported two 360 vr videos. Rendered them together (PD 16 360 rendering). Rendered as .MP4 file. When I play this file I can move around in the 360/vr field with mouse.

Now I would like to burn that rendering to a dvd.

When I try to burn that rendering to a dvd, I get the video, but when I play the dvd I cannot move around in the 360/vr field with the mouse.

I am on a slow learning curve.

Any ideas?

Alan
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. I have an idea. It it not possible.
A DVD is specified for certain kind of video formats (720x576@25 in PAL, 720x480@24 in NTSC). 360vr is not in the valid format list. So you lost your 360vr information while making a DVD.
Your video has to stay as mp4 with an aspect ratio of 2:1. With some players (not all) and mobile phones, is it possible to move around in the 360vr world.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes. I have an idea. It it not possible.
A DVD is specified for certain kind of video formats (720x576@25 in PAL, 720x480@24 in NTSC). 360vr is not in the valid format list. So you lost your 360vr information while making a DVD.
Your video has to stay as mp4 with an aspect ratio of 2:1. With some players (not all) and mobile phones, is it possible to move around in the 360vr world.

Hatti

Thanks,
I have been working on th is 360/vr for some time now. What I have found is right after you render it in the 360/vr format you can play that file in powerdvd17. And, you can move around in the video.

Now I have found if you burn that file as a data file to a dvd, it will do the same as playing it directly from the computer. You can move around in the video.
It won't be handled as a video movie.

Need to do more research.

Thanks again,
ALan
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, that is as expected. If you have a data file, it is unimportant on what kind of data media the file is, a hdd, an external hdd, an usb-stick or a DVD. But, if you burn it as a video DVD than you may have a look at the googling machine of your choice, what a video DVD is, there you can find the specification of a video DVD. Normally, DVD players do not play a 360vr data file on a data DVD.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes, that is as expected. If you have a data file, it is unimportant on what kind of data media the file is, a hdd, an external hdd, an usb-stick or a DVD. But, if you burn it as a video DVD than you may have a look at the googling machine of your choice, what a video DVD is, there you can find the specification of a video DVD. Normally, DVD players do not play a 360vr data file on a data DVD.

Hatti

Don't thonk they make any external 360/vr DVD players. Right now don't know of anyway to burn the 360/vr as a movie.

Are we having fun yet?

Alan