Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So your videos are where?
I haven't run into anything where I can mimic faster film but I'l certainly look for it. Should help with pans as well.
You've been a great help.
I just watched the fireworks rising up from the strip in Vegas. Now it's bed time.
They ggot a spell checker in this thing?
Right now I have a stitched panoramic saved as large as my camera takes them. I am able to reproduce clear images when I insert individual .jpeg frames into a video but the stitch images are insisting on staying pencil thin visually horizontally. Whe I stretch them they look really badly pixelated. Anyway, I'm trying to do too much on the first week. I'll get it all figered out.
This is what my thinking was but my experience is with dSLR and SLR. I wasn't sure if opening the shutter wider/for less time would add or reduce pixelation later in the clip as the sun goes away. My camera does alow manual aperature setting but there are only openings it will alow. Very cheap camera. Anyway, I'll give it a try.
Hey Fred. I don't know what to say about my graphics disposition on paper. This is a new PC, the camera is new and I have either new upgrades or new software for all this video editing stuff and I've been chasing issues for days and have many left. I appreciate your looking into what it is you saw but this is not my area of expertise. When video stops I'll run this further up the priority ladder. LOL.

I couldn't find anything at 1:18 to help me answer your question about my video. At 1:18 all I have is a soda bottle sitting on top of a cardboard box.
I never intended to make a story out of shooting a soda bottle. Just before I shot this, a buddy and I were talking about the energy transfer of a heavy .270 caliber bullet and that most folks on youtube don't seem to capture that energy very well graphically when trying to film it. The story line developed as I was was going through the video tutorials on the PowerDirect web site. It was the first video stock I had and the first time I had cracked open the software. I just plugged stuff in as I discovered it existed. Bunch of sillyness anyway.

I did think to put up a quarter next to the round for a reference but just didn't do it. I wasn't trying to reference the round to anything, I jst wanted to show it. Mostly because it is interesting and my reloading bench is colorful in the background. The item next to the round is a bullet seating die and it is chucked up in an RCBS brand loading press. The bullet is sitting on the press.

I load my own ammunition. It is cheaper and much more precise. I am a long range shooter. The bottles were shot with the black rifle, a Remington 700 chambered in .270 caliber. The other is a very tricked out Remingtom 700 chambered in .308 caliber. Not much of the original rifle left in the one. Funny, I have almost a dozen guns but have never shot a mouse. Part of whay I got into video is to record some of the long range work my buddies and are I working on.
This isn't really a PD9 question but you all have been fantastics thus far.
Tonight, I shot a mountain over the lake close by as the sun went down 180 degrees opposite of it. It was beautiful and I almost go it but one problem. As the shadows crept up the mountain, the apiture of the camera kept opening up to try to maintain even greyscale/exposure. In the end, I just ended up with a pixelated image that tried its best to keep it daylight outside even though it had grown dark.
Would it be best for me to just pick a manual apiture setting good for the beginning of this sunset shoot then hold that setting? or would it get too dark and exposure before the sun actually finished setting? I want to go back out tomorrow and try again. I live in an absolutely beautiful place; a photographers dream.
This is pretty much what I was shooting but it went sour as it got darker.

I want to catch the shadows creeping across the landscape and the cloud movement and the change in color as alpineglow sets in. Then I want it to simply fade to black as it gets dark outside. I have many places I can just leave a camera running in time lapse on a tripod while I go hiking. Pick it back up on my way in from the hike.
Hmmmm. I just read an article comparing different file types for still image saves. png looks very interesting. It will start with larger files sizes but these file sizes don't grow with video duration. That and when they are converted to other file sizes, they shouldn't loose anything in the comversion like I expect is possible with lossy compression .jpeg files. But then again, I am only guessing.
There is all kinds of wierd things happening for me on this web site. I did not multiple post.
Bare with me all, I'm a normal guy but my new computer isn't.
Hello RobertJ. Lots of Roberts here I see. BMP hah? That would be huge but it is a crisp format. Anyway, in the end, will bmp convert easily to say MP$ for final rendering?

Hello Robert 2 S. I am using Photoshop Eliments 9. With the purchase of this new computer I upgraded from Eliments 6 where I was able to save .jpeg images at whatever resolution i wanted and did so by the thousands. I'm rather upset that Adobe is now taking it on themselves to determine what is to large to display on the internet. .jpeg is a file compression that does just about anything in ever needed to transfer by data cable but this new version is restricting me to 675 pixcels high. Someplace I'll find a work-around. I've never been whipped by a .jpeg file.

Robert 2 S. I can record in several RAW formats and in tiff files but to keep from filling my drives and the fact that .jpeg has always filled my needs before, I usually stick to it. I absolutely understand the lack of merit in puttin 500kb files into a project I want to end up HiDef BluRay. But if I say the heigth of my stills as .jpeg at 1080 pixels tall I will get a combination/best compromise of the best resolution and and most efficient file size for inclusion in wide scream TV projects. Somewhere I will defeat this new 675 pixel high Adobe .jpeg restriction or a 12 year old history with Adobe will end.

Thanks for the help guys. I may save at the larger files sizes of bmp or tiff files if I fing enough merit. I don't know if it will be worth it seeing that my new video camera cost about $229 U.S. LOL.
Oooops!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzD9jI9m9M
OK
This is my first and only video. I just started 2 weeks ago and with a new camera, PC and software. The learning curve is steap to say the least.
I really don't have a clue. I have the newest DirectX Controllers and all I use my computers for is generating and manipulating graphics. Everything is working in those arenas.
pjc3. I think I know png files but do not recall what they are right now. Who is that? What are they?
Hello RobertJ. Lots of Roberts here I see. BMP hah? That would be huge but it is a crisp format. Anyway, in the end, will bmp convert easily to say MP$ for final rendering?

Hello Robert 2 S. I am using Photoshop Eliments 9. With the purchase of this new computer I upgraded from Eliments 6 where I was able to save .jpeg images at whatever resolution i wanted and did so by the thousands. I'm rather upset that Adobe is now taking it on themselves to determine what is to large to display on the internet. .jpeg is a file compression that does just about anything in ever needed to transfer by data cable but this new version is restricting me to 675 pixcels high. Someplace I'll find a work-around. I've never been whipped by a .jpeg file.

Robert 2 S. I can record in several RAW formats and in tiff files but to keep from filling my drives and the fact that .jpeg has always filled my needs before, I usually stick to it. I absolutely understand the lack of merit in puttin 500kb files into a project I want to end up HiDef BluRay. But if I say the heigth of my stills as .jpeg at 1080 pixels tall I will get a combination/best compromise of the best resolution and and most efficient file size for inclusion in wide scream TV projects. Somewhere I will defeat this new 675 pixel high Adobe .jpeg restriction or a 12 year old history with Adobe will end.

Thanks for the help guys. I may save at the larger files sizes of bmp or tiff files if I fing enough merit. I don't know if it will be worth it seeing that my new video camera cost about $229 U.S. LOL.
Hi Fred. I am the administator at my PC.
No. I have an ati card.
I've been shooting dSLR for many years and I do a lot of stitched panoramics. These will show MUCH better than most video pans so I want to save photoshop projects in the best file format for moving over to PD9 video projects. Photoshop won't let me save a .jpeg for over 675 pixels high for the file size I'm trying to save. Anyway, .jpeg is probably not the best file type to save for a video project anyway. I want to save my still panoramics at 1020 pixels high and Photoshop is trying its best to save them as gif file. 256 colors...NO WAY.
So, in summary, I want to save a stitched panoramic still to 1020 pixels high in _____ format for insertion into a PD9 video project.
How's about it my friends?
Thank you but this is the only place this happens.
I've been thinking about going with Firefox.
Greetings, I'mVideoEditor (Robert Ellis) from the forums. You requested a DirectX diagnostics of my system because I cannot click on links that send me outside of a forum page. It is very kind of you to offer to help.

I use: PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64 version 9.0.0.2330. I am unable to update to 2330a because the I cannot click on the download button.

Thank you for the help.
OK Robertj, I added .com and got the site. Thank you sir.
Go to: