Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK Robertj, I added .com and got the site. Thank you sir.
Sorry RobertJ. I am un-able to click on any links from inside this web site. I'll try to find admin to help me find out why.
It's a brand new computer and it is giving me a lot of problems.
Robert, I know nothing of videotography yet but I will soon. How are you remoting voice audio to your video? I want to do in-helmet for motorcycle touring.
Go cart racing and hang gliding. I can go both of these. Great fun. Are all videotographers this adventuresome? I'm an off-route backpacker myself.
As it turns out, I can't click on any links that leaves this site and get to another.
Odd. I can cut and paste your links into my browser address bar and go to the videos but I can't click on to the link as it is in your post and go to the videos.
Same as this morning. I can get to my youtube videos but i cannot get to youtube by either on the links you provided.
James and Robert, my YouTube links work but I'm not getting any feedback from yours.
You'll have fun. I'm just getting started myself.
I'd like to see what some of you are doing?
I'm having mightty fine luck with this AMD Phenom II x6 1075T. You can see from my sig I took a leap with 12 gb ram. I'm not up on my graphics card knowledge these days not chose 1 gb on card memory. I think one of the smartest things I did for a guy on a budget was to load all my software (all) on the C drive with the OS software but default video saves to my secondary 10,000 rpm sata drive. No bottle-necks. As little as I knowabout this video editing business, I really happy with the performance thus far.
That is true.
Much meterial for content here in Vegas. Interesting area.
Done. I beleive I made the correct choices.
I'm a long range rifle shooter. I've never killed anything, I just like to target shoot but I would like to get your opinion on my first video. It's about shooting. It can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzD9jI9m9M
I opened my first video editor 36 hours ago and have already processed my first video. Though it was only 3 1/2 minutes long, it took many hours to complete; mostly because of the learning curve. But I have one more issue that really slows me down. PD9 defaults all saved files to the C drive. My C drive is a standard 7200 rpm SATA II drive. I installed PD9 there but I also installed a 10,000 rpm hard drive to store all my video files on.
I do understand that I should keep software on the C Drive but place video on the second and faster hard drive. What I'm not properly grasping is this: Do I save just the raw, un-edited files on the secondary drive and let the works-in-progress files reside on the C drive. I think not. I think all video should reside on the secondary drive so editing data and video data don't cros paths. I guess my real question is: How do I get PD9 which resides on the C Drive to access and default to saved works on the secondary drive?
Thanks again everybody.
The native resolution for this monitor is 1680 x 1050 and that is how I run it. When I bought it, it was one of the best graphics edition monitors in the world and I paid a fortune for it. It is still a superb stills editing monitor but I can publish a mpg4 video to an SD card and run it here and it doesn't look so great; kind of DVD verses BluRay difference but I put the same SD card in my PS3 and it look wonderful on my plasma...which was the best when it was bought.
I've got a 20 inch HD TV in my bedroom I never watch. This PC has HDMI out and I have an extra cable. Think I'll give it a try to see the difference.
I have a 22 inch monitor I bought 3 years ago. It is a very good monitor but obviously not HD. How many are using twin monitor set-ups or have switched to an HD monitor and why.
I am still able to edit from this monitor just fine but wonder if I'm missing something in the process.
How good is an HD monitor for editing dSLR still photos? This is very important to me.
Thank you James. At this point I'm still trying to image why video from another camera isn't being installed in the first video line but I have 1 day's experience video editing. LOL.
I'll understand it all befor too long. Almost done with my first video.
Thank you very much. Being that all the family went home yesterday, I've had all day to wrap my head around this software and I've had the best time with it. I think I have the jest of what you are saying. I’ll know more tomorrow. Following the online tutorials, I’ve almost completed my first video. I’m so excited.
Go to: