Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It is my thread. But I'll be off now.
Well PepsiMan. That was a thrill. And a very good video I might add. I saved it to watch again.
There will be a heavy barrel 223 in the stable soon. I have a 223 but I like real rifles best.
Once I get past the learning curve I will have my own shooting videos. I've been shooting stills of shooting events for a long time.
Until then, he is my Minnie Mouse.

Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308
Jewell Trigger
Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist 2094 – A5 stock
Leupold Mark 4 20MOA Tactical Base and Rings
SWFA Super Sniper 10x42
SS Sunshade and Butler Creek Flip Caps
Harris Bipod – HBRM-S
Harris #9 Bipod Adapter Flat
Alpha Bravo Bipod Lock
U.S. Optics Ext Cant Indicator
Wyatt’s Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine

As you can see, I have a lot of room to shoot and if you shoot alot like this, you already know you have to roll your own.

Thanks again for sharing your video and your little girl. If you are ever in Vegas lets go a few yards.
I got it. Thank you.
I'm suprised that I was able to download it. I have a CS ticket in to see why I'm having such trouble navigating in the web site.
Has anyone got a Users Guide to Power Director 9? I cannot open the link from the downloads page. I'd sure appreciate a copy via email or a point to a copy.
Thank you
I was able to use another software to get most of what I wanted. It does not duplicate the original and I won't be satisfied until I get closer but after 3 days I finally made progress. It is very usable in smaller screens like YouTube. I found a little video on the internet that was helpful .Some may be interested.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-use-pan-and-zoom-sony-vegas-166672/
Well, the tapes are not in with the rest of the 911 stuff so that is something that won't happen until I can locate them.
I have a TV tuner on my PC. It uses coax inIt also has S-Video in for just this type of thing. I have an old VCR. It doesn't have S-Video out so I'm stuck with Coax.
I have a set of instructions from a friend to use first, S-Video out to S-Video in. If that is not an option, use RCS red, white yellow. The las t option and least desirable is the coax but it is a direct link from VCR to computer. I'm going to try this in a few moments.
The only VHS I have is live news coverage of 911 from Fox and NBC but I want these saved. I'll let you know how it goes.
If I can pan a still elsewhere and save it as some type of video file and import it here that would be just fine. I'd save it at 1080 high and save it as stock video. I'm very interested in learning how to do this.
This is most un-fortunate. I know I've seen major pan work in other videos. I have hundreds of pans. This could be a deal breaker for me and PD9.
pjc3, the image did loose alot in the transformation from SummitPost to YouTube but it does fill the screen top to bottom. We are half way there. Do I have to loose detail in order to ddisplay a pano in a PD9 video?
That is exactly what I want to do.
The image you used to do this is 800 pixels high yet it looks better on my 1050 pixel screen resolution that my 1600 pixel high images do in the space of a normal YouTube window. What am I doing wrong. I've been at this all day.
And thank you for taking a look at this.
Well....it's not working so...
But it really should work. I've got hours invested in this.
For reference, the actual image is here:

• Open link
• Hover over image
• Left click to expand image to fill your screen
• Scroll from side to side.
This is the same effect I'm trying to put in videos

http://c0278592.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/original/422492.jpg

I have been adding single image stills to video projects with no issues. When I add a panoramic still the still is pushed down to where the right and left sides of the image are confined in the preview window, causing the height of the image to be only occupying about 20% of the viewable window. It was advised in another thread that I not maintain aspect ratio and when I did that I was able to run the left and right sides of the pan run off the viewable window as I filled the window top to bottom but when ran the video, I got the same terrible pixilation I had before resizing. This pano is 1600 pixels high. I should not be getting this immense drop in image quality. It doesn't happen when I install a single (not stitched pano) image into the video. Any ideas? I want to install a panoramic still then use PD9 software to do the actual pan full screen. My panoramic are very wide and are meant to be scrolled side to side. I would think these wide panos would be ideal in video projects and I hope to add many to future projects.
Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I am getting the same results. It really should be working. I click off the Maintain Aspect Ration then holding the shift key I can pull down the bottom of the image and the right and left sides move off screen respectively but when I play back I get the same horrible pixilation as before. I know this can be done.
You sir, are my hero.
Thank you Adrian. Both my dSLRs are only 6.3 megapixels and their best resolutions. I will always shoot at the resolution but my thinking goes along the lines of your post. If I do compression my way outside of PD9 and save stills to exactly 1080 high then I wont have to guess what some of the changes are that PD9 is doing to my images. The fewer times any digital format is manipulated there is a cost.
Right now I am putting a 1080 high pan (about 10,000 pixels wide) in the time line and pd9 is squashing it down to where it only fills the finished video frame about 20% leaving me with huge black bars top and bottom. When I import none panoramic stills, the stills fill the frame top to bottom. I don't understand this. If I can install pans and use pd9 to actually scroll across the pans, the image quality is much greater than inserting actual video pans from my cheap HD camera.
I found a nice write up on wikipedia last night that compared most of the common image file types. It helped a great deal. I'll use png when I have much manipulation to do in a video, otherwise, jpeg will still work and keep the file sizes down. A 20MB time lapse in high quality jpeg was 20.9 mb. The same time lapse in png was 90 mb.
I can't learn fast enough. I have so many questions.
Thanks a bunch. The spelling only goes left of center when I'm excited. And I'm excited. I'm having really good luck for a new guy and want to do more and more..
So your videos are where?
Go to: