Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I hope some one can help real quick - NO Sound
Virginiann [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 21:50 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I imported a video from my camera to Cyberlink like normal and it asked me something about being a hd video did I want to do something I can't remember something to do with shadowing. I can not undo it. I can hear and play it fine while it is in the work area but when I bring it down to the story line area the sound dissapears s and I can not get it to come back. Any ideas?

Thank you! Running Windows Home Premium
Intel Dual Core P8600 2.40 GHz
4 Gig Ram DDR2
NVIDIA Graphics Card G Force 9600 GT
Graphics Driver: nvd3dum.dll 8.15.11.8640
Power Director 9.0 2702
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Virginiann: That's not much info for the pros (not me) to assist you with. Please ensure that you have the latest patch installed (2702) and then start over from scratch right from the capture to see if that solves the problem. If not, the pros will want to have a dxdiag file, a screen capture of the PD9 workspace with the video file in place, and details of your hardware/software (see pinned message on page 1 of this forum).

You say there is no sound. Is the sound part of the video file making it to the timeline? Is the mute turned on (left of timeline (an icon)?

There are so many possibilities that it is impossible to answer your question with the limited information you have provided, at least for a newbie like me.

Hope this helped a little. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Please indicate what type of video files you are using. Win 10, i7
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds as though you turned on shadow files....bad idea unless you have an underpowered computer. With shadow files you really need to wait until your computer fully processes the video, before you start editing.

If you computer is powerful enough turn shadow files off.

If you post a dxdiag we will be able to help you more easily. Please supply at least parts A & B in this link.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you all for responding. I was in a hurry when I posted that question. I am getting more and more frustrated with this 9version. I am having more and more issues. I turned off the shadowing and that still did not bring the sound file back to the time line/work space. Today I did a video and the sound and video were totally off. I have not been able to use this program for one reason or another since I upgraded. I can't tell you how upsetting this is since I use this all the time for my YouTube group.

I have this time attached the directx diagnostic tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Virginia Cooper
[Thumb - dxdiag.JPG]
 Filename
dxdiag.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
snap shot of dixdiag
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
191 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag.txt
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)
Running Windows Home Premium
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Virginiann ,

Can you please tell us what type of files that you are trying to edit ? And to what type of output are you trying to render (produce) to ? Your problem sounds like an audio/video codec problem but it's not for certain as yet. Win 10, i7
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Virginia,
Please supply the information members have requested.

I thought you might also benefit from seeing what Preferences > Confirmation setting I use: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/15082.page#81751

Dafydd
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
First let me thank you whole heartedly for helping me. Secondly I can not tell you or express in this message how frustrating it is to have to answer all these questions before an answer is given. I did attach the files you have requested. Let me answer these the best I can. I feel so very sorry for people who can not answer these questions. This was a very expensive upgrade to be having these kinds of issues.

Hi Virginia,
Please supply the information members have requested.

I thought you might also benefit from seeing what Preferences > Confirmation setting I use: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/15082.page#81751

Dafydd
For the majority of issues posted on this forum you will need to provide the following IMPORTANT bits of basic information:
1. What version and build of PowerDirector [or other CyberLink software] are you using? PART A. I UPGRADED FROM 8 TO 9. BUILD 9.0.0.2330a SR NUMBER: VDE101118-05

Check for free updates: CLICK HERE. If you're unsure which or what - ASK. IT STATES I HAVE THE LATEST UPGRADE

2. Please can you supply and attach a DirectX Diagnostic of your system? PART B.
ATTACHMENT GUIDE I HAVE REATTACHED THE FILES TO THIS MESSAGE

3. Please can you attach a screen shot of your Edit workspace, showing the content, make up of the library, all media tracks and with individual file extensions clearly readable? PART F. OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME! IT'S ONE LITTLE FILE.. WHETHER IT COMES FROM A CAPTURED VIDEO VIA CYBERLINK, OR FROM MY CAMERA. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS A .MOV/.MPEG2,3,4, OR ANY OTHER I'VE TRIED IT ALL. THE SOUND WORKS FINE UNTIL I DRAG IT TO THE TIMELINE OR STORYBOARD. BUT I WILL HUMOR YOU. I was not able to attach more than three files so please see my next message for two more snapshots I took.

4. Please be prepared to provide a video sample from your camera (state model). 5 to 10 seconds in length and attached to a reply. I used a Kodak KM853 8mega px. Or right from my Sony Viao webcam.. I do not... let me repeat I know it has nothing to do with the computer/webcam or anything other than a simple setting I am missing on this 9.0. This is a lot of work for I'm certain a simple fix.

5. Check you have applied the latest drivers for your graphics card by visiting the manufacturer's website and not via your OS update service.
REFER to the guides: PART A, B & F
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page ALL OF MY DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE. I am only having a simple issue of the sound file not appearing in the storyline. It works any other time. It works in Windows Movie Maker, it works in everything else other than Cyberlink, and it worked fine in 8.0... I didn't have any issues until I upgraded to 9.0. This is way too much information for you and for me. I hope I can get this solved quickly. At this point I just want my money back and go back to 8.0.

To attach an item select POST REPLY button.
Please use the SEARCH function of the forum BEFORE posting. LOOK for the answer.

SeeMyWorldOnVideo - free - join today . Obtain those Extra Tools we PowerDirector Video Editors need, & for FREE.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag Text File
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)
[Thumb - dxdiag.JPG]
 Filename
dxdiag.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Snapshot of DxDiag
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
187 time(s)
[Thumb - HD VIDEO error message.JPG]
 Filename
HD VIDEO error message.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
The HD Video shadow question. I choose both yes and no two different times.
 Filesize
140 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
193 time(s)
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
The two additional snapshots.

Thank you for your help. I apologize if I sound so ungrateful I really am not I do appreciate all you do.

Thank you
Virginia
[Thumb - When I put the clip in the storyline.JPG]
 Filename
When I put the clip in the storyline.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
When I drag the video from work area to storyline the audio disappears.
 Filesize
145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)
[Thumb - one click in the work area.JPG]
 Filename
one click in the work area.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Video in work area
 Filesize
140 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
198 time(s)
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: First let me thank you whole heartedly for helping me. Secondly I can not tell you or express in this message how frustrating it is to have to answer all these questions before an answer is given.

Hi Virginiann,

Thanks for the information. Regarding the frustration I completely understand your frustration but it is like going to the mechanic but leaving your car at home and saying "My car has a weird noise can you fix it" Until you at least tell him the type of car and what you are doing he is in the dark as much as we are.

Now to offer some help.

1. When you turned on shadow files, did you wait until they were finished? Most important on an underpowered computer, they can take hours to complete.

2. I noticed your video drivers are 2 years old. Up to date video drivers are very important in editing video, you need to update them.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGN-AW230J

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Secondly I can not tell you or express in this message how frustrating it is to have to answer all these questions before an answer is given.

Virginiann;
I agree with Robert2 S...we need all those files to "see" your machine, before we can recommend.... and your machine needs updated. However, I have a different suggestion:

1. For video drivers:
EDITED - NVIDIA does not have a supported new driver for this machine!! Only Sony drivers work..sorry

2. Update your BIOS. Sony has released an update for your machine that effects video:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?Change_Template=1&session_id=04954c16a1e02577f7b4ad0975b5d3cd&upd_id=5196&mdl=VGNAW230J&os_id=43

3. Free up some space on your c: drive. You are below Windows recommended levels:
Drive: C:
Free Space: 45.4 GB
Total Space: 227.9 GB

Although, this is all needed to prepare your machine for PD9 operation, I am not confident that this is your specific problem. I think it is the MOV file, itself. So...one more file will help the technical assistants here:
A short clip from your camera is needed....make a short one (5 to 10 seconds) with your camera and attach it here so the editors can see it.

Mov files have been reported to cause trouble so let us SEE one please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2011 01:13

Robert2 S
[Post New]
Thanks FredB I forgot about getting drivers directly from the card manufacturer. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Sorry; I forgot the most important item:
If you are running BUILD 9.0.0.2330a you are NOT running the most current patch. To verify this go into PD9 and click on the word POWERDIRECTOR in the upper right corner. If it does NOT say 9.0.0.2702, then get the current patch and install it, please:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
AGain, I have to say this over and over. Everything works fine on this computer and if it can't run 9.0 can I just go back to 8. I didn't have these issues with eight. I understand the car analogy. But there is nothing wrong here. I'm sure it is just some setting in the program. I didn't choose the shadowing. I don't want the shadowing. I just want to slip the video in the story line and go. Why is this so difficult? It worked in 8 and not 9. Can I just go back? This is ridiculous. I've explained in detail what the issue is. I'm sure it is just some setting I need to choose like show audio in storyline......... play audio in storyline mode.

V.

I'm updating the audio right now. I still do not in anyway shape or form think this has anything to do with my issue. I'm sure it is just some setting. The audio plays fine in the workspace. When I drag it to the storyline it disappears. I'm not sure anyone has read what my actual problem is. Everything is working fine. When I drag the video to the story line the audio does not show up in the storyline. It doesn't matter if it is a .mp2,3,4 avi, mov anything.. doesn't matter. I can play everything fine in the workspace. See attached files in previous posts. Has nothing to do with how much space I have or do not have on my hard drive. I'm sure it must be some setting in 9 that wasn't in 8. I feel like I just threw away good money and ruined an otherwise perfect program. Why are you looking at my computer when it is the program?

Windows movie maker works fine.. I import a video and drag it to the story line and it all works. Same computer same audio drivers, etc.... Windows movie maker just doesn't have the bells and whistles that Cyberlink has and I USE to love it.

Should I be calling Tech Support? I just thought this medium was helpful the first couple times I used it.

V.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 18. 2011 19:14

4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Robert2 S
[Post New]
I'm done, if you don't want to supply the requested information, answer the questions or do as we ask I will leave it to more patient helpers here. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've done everything you have asked me to do. Everything. What else am I suppose to do?

I've supplied all files, snapshots updated, upgraded, audio, hard drive. I dont' know what else to do. Like I said. I think it is just a setting . Why won't anyone address that?

V. Running Windows Home Premium
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
[Post New]
Please,
1. re-run dxdiag and attach the updated version
2. Attach a small file created by your camera.
3. Tell us the actual version of PD9 installed (click on POWERDIRECTOR on the upper right of the PD9 program).

You can turn off shadow files under PD9 settings/preferences (general tab)
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will do this first thing in the morning. Thank you for all your help. I've spent all the time I can on this. Can I just ask one question. Why is my one question not being addressed? Is there or is there not a setting within Cyberlink that turns off the audio when placed in the Storyline? That is really my only question and I guess that is why I am so frustrated. Because no one has addressed that simple yes or no question. Is there a setting that is now in the new 9 that wasn't in the 8.

I'll send a small file in the morning. Thank you. Running Windows Home Premium
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
[Post New]
Is there or is there not a setting within Cyberlink that turns off the audio when placed in the Storyline? That is really my only question and I guess that is why I am so frustrated.

Ok..since you have little time to help us..I too can not help you.

To answer your SIMPLE question..there is a setting in preferences relative to the sound waveform in the timeline, but it is not the issue (see attached).

Good luck with technical support!
[Thumb - Untitled-1.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
213 time(s)
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm so sorry you guys are taking offense to this. I really don't mean to be a pain. Honestly, I totally understand this is a forum and you are under no obligation to help. I do appreciate you help honestly I do. But I have been asking that question for days now and I can't get the answer. I don't mean to be rude or a hard case. Please be nice to me, I'm just frustrated. I just wanted to know if there was a setting that turns that feature off and instead of just saying yes or no I get a million questions and I have to do all sorts of stuff before anyone will say no there is no such feature and we think it could be this or that. But before we know for sure could you do this? It's all in the wording....if I was on the phone with you the conversation would have taken a much different turn. I'm honestly a nice person.

I have a meeting right now and I can not do anything else with this at this time. I'm even 7 mins late as I am taking the time to apologize.

I will pick this back up tomorrow or whenever someone can continue to help.

Thank you Fred for your time. I just need to get to my meeting.

Virginia Running Windows Home Premium
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702