Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wow Tony, talk about going above and beyond... Thank you sir.

So I did some more digging on my end as well and seem to have gotten to the bottom of it this morning. One of the responders here (tomasc) asked what version of Quicktime I was running. I had downloaded the latest version for Windows that Apple has on their site. However when I looked around in it again today and clicked the udate Quicktime option it did run some sort of update. It didn't specifically say Quicktime as it was downloading and updating but rather Apple software something, sorry I didnt catch it.

But the end result is that the checkered flag clip and others are working perfectly for me now.

Thanks to everyone for their input on this,
Brian
I downloaded it from Apple as well. It is Quicktime version 7.7.9 (1680.95.84)
Tony,

Thank you so much for your reply. As I mentioned, the odd thing is that it works with this PD version on one machine, but not another. But I can't find any other codec's to install on this new computer.

Here is what the clip media info says:

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Brian Quinn\Desktop\Checkered Racing Flag.mov
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 2005.03 (qt )
File size : 147 MiB
Duration : 3 s 3 ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 410 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2014-08-13 06:53:02
Tagged date : UTC 2014-08-13 05:53:05
Writing library : Apple QuickTime
TIM : 00;00;00;00
TSC : 2997
TSZ : 100
Video
ID : 1
Format : RLE
Format/Info : Run-length encoding
Codec ID : rle
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 410 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : RGBA
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 6.601
Stream size : 147 MiB (100%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2014-08-13 06:53:02
Tagged date : UTC 2014-08-13 06:53:05
Other
ID : 2
Type : Time code
Format : QuickTime TC
Frame rate : 29.970 (29970/1000) FPS
Time code of first frame : 00:00:00;00
Time code, striped : Yes
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2014-08-13 06:53:05
Tagged date : UTC 2014-08-13 06:53:05
Hello gang,

I have a brand new computer that is running PowerDirector 365. I have a project file that includes a purchased .mov transparent wipe file. However on this new computer this clip is displaying black where it should be transparent. Its a checkered flag wipe so I can't cheat and use the chroma key because it takes out the flag as well.

I just upgraded my old computer from PowerDirector 16 to 365 and this clip works perfectly on that one.

On the new computer, I have installed ffmpeg, k-lite and Quicktime. What am I missing? I have wasted several hours on this and need to get this project done. Yes I can copy everything over to the old computer and render it there, but I prefer to get the new one straightened out. What am I missing?

Attached is what I'm seeing instead of the backgroud video coming through on the rt side.

Thanks for your help,
Brian
When you're on the order page the audio clip "bonus" is mentioned on the perpetual side but as soon as you click the subscription side it disappears.

I have purchased the upgrades since PD8 but now think maybe the subscription model makes more sense, as much as I hate subscriptions.
OK, so the 15 audio clips is the only difference I guess. Kinda lame that they are leaving that off the subscription model, which guarantees them annual revenue.
Am I understanding it correctly that if I upgrade to Director Suite 5 perpetual I get audio tracks and whatever bonuses are included, but if I subsctibe to the Live version, I dont get anything except the program?
I have honestly only shot a few scenes with it. I got an Inspire Pro drone a few days later, so that's what I've been working with the most.

I think that the footage I shot looks pretty decent. I would like to edit in PD15, but am waiting to hear that the laggy behavior and other issues have been removed before I upgrade. I've been fairly happy with 14 so I dont want to end up taking a step backwards with everything else just to add the 360 functionality.
Ed71,

I bought the LG360, but had to return it because i never got to see how it looked. When it booted up it said it needed firmware update but then when I connected it to the PC and tried on and off for four days to do the update it kept saying server connection error. Tech support was called three times and offered NO help. Several other people on another forum experience similar issues.

I should have known better. There is quite a bit of standard info that LG doesnt publish in their sales material or manual. Basic information such as whether it takes standard or micro SD card... or a table stating the estimated recording times for different card capacities. After a 45 minute call to their support line I still had NO answers to these basic questions either.

After this experience, I went with the Ricoh Theta and have been very happy with it.

Good luck,
Brian
Thanks Pepsiman for your reply.

My laptop is a Dell XPS15 which does have an integrated intel graphics card, but it also has the NVidia GT 750m. It is my understanding that this dedicated GPU should be enough to activate the Hardware Acceleration option on the Produce Project screen, particularly for h264 format.
OK gang,

After resolving the issue I had with PD14 on my desktop, I finally felt condident enought to upgrade it on my laptop too. So I installed today and was very disappointed to see that HA doesnt seem to be an option at all no matter which output formats I select. I have an NVidia GX 750M.

Is this card not supported by PD14 for any sort of hardware accelleration, or is there something wrong on my specific system?

Thanks,
Brian
Quote: Error msg could be the result of this. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43754.page#226112

Jeff

Jeff,
Thank you so much. That did the trick! I must have missed that thread when I was searching yesteday. Either way, problem solved.

Thanks again,
Brian
I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling PD14 portion of my Director Suite 4, with no success.

Tech support also had me manually delete temp files and sent me an update patch to install, but it wont execute... get message stating I don't have the correct version of PD on my system. They also had me try running as Admin, shutting of antivirus and all other programs and also had me provde them with the event log file.. also attached.

Attached is log file.
Quote: Hi,
Just a few options/guesses.
1. You can re-install PowerDirector 14
Dafydd

Since this was part of an upgrade from Director Suite 3, I am not sure how to remove and re-install without disrupting the upgrade permissions and/or the bonus programs (Adorage, New Blue, etc.)

Quote:
2. You could update your graphic's card drivers.

Graphics card drivers are fully updated. I tried again after this message, as well as tried to update Quicktime and Windows Media Player, but all said they were newset versions.

Quote: 3. You may be using a custom profile, if so, please try and delete it and create a newer one or use the default templates.

Nope, just choosing the h.264 AVC mpeg-4 1980x1020/30p (16Mbps) profile right out of the box.

Quote: 4. You could provide members your diagnostic file and a screenshot of the Edit workspace. We can assess what your computer's capabilities are and the layout/structure of your project is. This might be a Shadow edit files issue... maybe not.

I dont know what the diagnostic file is, but I attached a screen capture of the error message.
PD14 froze up while producing project, and wouldnt finish or do anything. I had to force program to shut down. Now I get an error message everytime I try to produce any project using the same settings. Trying to create h.264 AVC mpeg-4 1980x1020/30p (16Mbps). The message tells me to make sure my video card has latest driver installed and that I have the latest versions of Quicktime and Windows Media Creator.

Oddly enough, that was the video format I was using when it crashed and appears to be the only output format that generates an error. But it used to work, and its the format I use most often. So I need to get it resolved.

If I uncheck Hardware acceleration, then it defaults to SVRT, and will sometimes complete task without error message.

So obviously something went wonky when it froze up. Any ideas of how to fix it?
Thanks.

As I mentioned, I've let them know by support ticket and phone call, but the more people that mention it the greater the odds of it being corrected.

Brian
I purchasd the update to Director Suite 4 and like with previous versions was looking forward to reading the two Tutorial books to shorten the learningcurve with all the new features. The one for PowerDirector 14 downloaded just fine. But the link for Photo Director 7's free Tutorial Book is bad. When you click the "Free Turorial Guide" link in the main banner of the Photo Director product (for any level package, you are taken to this page... http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2015/Q3/phd7-book/index2.jsp

When you click the "Free Download" button on this page, rather than open a download diaglog box like it does on for the video book, it instead opens the page to download Photo Director 7 Essentials, free software.

I submitted a support ticket last Thursday and got an absolutely useless response that didnt answer my question (Sadly this is the outcome I have gotten just about every time I submit a ticket. Support agent doesn't read the whole ticket and gives random answer).

I called support Friday morning and was promised the correct link would be emailed to me within 10 minutes. But I'm still waiting.

Did anyone else have better luck with this? Again, this is the Tutorial Book, not the User's Guide.

Thanks,
Brian
Go to: