Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Suite 5 Perpetual vs Live
Magicbri [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2012 13:37 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Am I understanding it correctly that if I upgrade to Director Suite 5 perpetual I get audio tracks and whatever bonuses are included, but if I subsctibe to the Live version, I dont get anything except the program?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2016 12:28

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Am I understanding it correctly that if I upgrade to Director Suite 5 perpetual I get audio tracks and whatever bonuses are included, but if I subsctibe to the Live version, I dont get anything except the program?

I donl't think that is correct -- look here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/director-suite/compare-versions_en_US.html

I know there is a problem with Vitascene license. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Magicbri [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, so the 15 audio clips is the only difference I guess. Kinda lame that they are leaving that off the subscription model, which guarantees them annual revenue.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: OK, so the 15 audio clips is the only difference I guess. Kinda lame that they are leaving that off the subscription model, which guarantees them annual revenue.

Where did you read that? surprised

I have 37 albums but I don;t know if they are freom previous versions or the latest "Live" version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2016 13:39

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Magicbri [Avatar]
[Post New]
When you're on the order page the audio clip "bonus" is mentioned on the perpetual side but as soon as you click the subscription side it disappears.

I have purchased the upgrades since PD8 but now think maybe the subscription model makes more sense, as much as I hate subscriptions.
stevek
[Post New]
Thanks for that. Did you go to the Muserk web site to read about what it is for? Copyright music for use on YouTube or other.

I has nothing to do with Magic Music (included). It looks like an OEM type teaser version for the Muserk license. .
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I has nothing to do with Magic Music (included).

Incorrect, Magic Music not offered with PD15 anymore, it’s not included, one only acquires if a previous PD supported version is installed.

Jeff
stevek
[Post New]
Looks like we need another chart about what is not included ! And perhaps one about what used to be included that still works and what will no longer work!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2016 14:24

[Post New]
I subscribed to Director Suite 5 Live. Here is what you get to download.

1. CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) (32-bit application)

2. adorage-dspvol02 (32bit/64bit)

3. vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1 (32/64bit)

CyberLink Application Manager lets you install the following through its own interface

• PowerDirector15, AudioDirector7, ColorDirector5, PhotDirector8 (all have 64-bit version available)

• CyberLink WaveEditor2 (installed passively as part of either PD15 or AD7) (32-bit version only)

• PowerDirector Content Pack Essential

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1 & 2

• Action Pack, Wedding Pack, Holdiay Magic Style Pack

• Romance Pack Vol.3

• Holiday DVD Menus Pack Vol. 2 & 3

• Holiday Pack Vol.4-8

• Travel Pack Vol.2-4

I didn't find any separate downloadable Music tracks inside CyberLink Application Manager or the email or inside My Account.
But don't know if it is available via Director Zone comminity. Let me know if someone knows how to check that.

If anyone is planning to buy the subscription, then please keep a tab on this thread too to get a few more clarifications.

Director Suite 5 Live | Updates & Upgrades My Rig :
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM @ 800 MHz
2.0 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Intel H77 Chipset | Realtek HD Audio
Samsung SSD 840EVO 250 GB
Windows 10 Home (x64)
GeForce Drivers v.376.33 WHQL
Director Suite 5 Live