Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crash during Produce now causes error every time.
Magicbri [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2012 13:37 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
PD14 froze up while producing project, and wouldnt finish or do anything. I had to force program to shut down. Now I get an error message everytime I try to produce any project using the same settings. Trying to create h.264 AVC mpeg-4 1980x1020/30p (16Mbps). The message tells me to make sure my video card has latest driver installed and that I have the latest versions of Quicktime and Windows Media Creator.

Oddly enough, that was the video format I was using when it crashed and appears to be the only output format that generates an error. But it used to work, and its the format I use most often. So I need to get it resolved.

If I uncheck Hardware acceleration, then it defaults to SVRT, and will sometimes complete task without error message.

So obviously something went wonky when it froze up. Any ideas of how to fix it?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Just a few options/guesses.
1. You can re-install PowerDirector 14
2. You could update your graphic's card drivers.
3. You may be using a custom profile, if so, please try and delete it and create a newer one or use the default templates.
4. You could provide members your diagnostic file and a screenshot of the Edit workspace. We can assess what your computer's capabilities are and the layout/structure of your project is. This might be a Shadow edit files issue... maybe not.
5. The error message worries me a little and I'm trying to recall a "fix" that involves a regedit tweak adjustment (might not apply). For the mo I'll just think about it.
Just an opinion.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2015 04:33

Magicbri [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Just a few options/guesses.
1. You can re-install PowerDirector 14
Dafydd

Since this was part of an upgrade from Director Suite 3, I am not sure how to remove and re-install without disrupting the upgrade permissions and/or the bonus programs (Adorage, New Blue, etc.)

Quote:
2. You could update your graphic's card drivers.

Graphics card drivers are fully updated. I tried again after this message, as well as tried to update Quicktime and Windows Media Player, but all said they were newset versions.

Quote: 3. You may be using a custom profile, if so, please try and delete it and create a newer one or use the default templates.

Nope, just choosing the h.264 AVC mpeg-4 1980x1020/30p (16Mbps) profile right out of the box.

Quote: 4. You could provide members your diagnostic file and a screenshot of the Edit workspace. We can assess what your computer's capabilities are and the layout/structure of your project is. This might be a Shadow edit files issue... maybe not.

I dont know what the diagnostic file is, but I attached a screen capture of the error message.
[Thumb - PD14 error message.jpg]
 Filename
PD14 error message.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
345 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
50 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2015 11:33

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Do a search in your computer for dxdiag.

Mine ran as son as I searched for it - if you need to 'start' it to run .. do that.

SAVE the information in a place where you will KNOW where it is (likie the desktop) - so you can then attach it to a message back here. I usually add to the end of the file-name"dxdiag" the date so I know when I last ran it - not necessary - so you could just let it as dxdiag if you want.

This file will give all these really sharp guys n gals in here like ,Dafydd, a lot of information that might help resolve your issue.

CS

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2015 04:34

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Magicbri [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling PD14 portion of my Director Suite 4, with no success.

Tech support also had me manually delete temp files and sent me an update patch to install, but it wont execute... get message stating I don't have the correct version of PD on my system. They also had me try running as Admin, shutting of antivirus and all other programs and also had me provde them with the event log file.. also attached.

Attached is log file.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Log file
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
256 time(s)
 Filename
PD14 Crash.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Event log
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
333 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Error msg could be the result of this. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43754.page#226112

Jeff
Magicbri [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Error msg could be the result of this. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43754.page#226112

Jeff

Jeff,
Thank you so much. That did the trick! I must have missed that thread when I was searching yesteday. Either way, problem solved.

Thanks again,
Brian