Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you Jeff, that was an excellent suggestion to avoid importing I had not thought about that. I tried and have find out the reason of my problem. The artifacts are appearing exactly where the movie is cut in two VOB files (VOB_1 VOB_2 - the two singles VOB files are fine). I copied the two VOBS and put them together in the timeline, but where the two files are cut there's a slight 0.5 sec missing, the transition between the two files is not smooth. Is there a way to merge the file into one? I have found a way to merge the files using MPEG Streamclip, the results is good but once I import in PD timeline this newly encoded mpeg, video screen is black, no video is shown. Very strange. If however I just preview the clip PD plays it without any problem...
Yes, it seems there's nothing I can do to solve it.
Just for information, I made a final test (took me a while) and managed to install on my mac with plenty of RAM (16GB) Powerdirector 12 via Bootcamp. Results: same artifacts appear after import even with different hardware and much more RAM (and HD3000 integrated Intel graphic card of my macbook pro). So my conclusion is that the mpeg2 file on the DVD itself may be corrupted or imperfect... not sure why is playing fine, with no noise in the actual DVD though.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.
Andrea
Yes jmone, I now think there's not much I can do if the problem starts at import stage. In this case as Dafydd said more RAM will probably help.... I actually tried to import that section with a different more capable machine but it's a mac and I can't install PD, so for some reason the mpeg2 file is not displayed in PD preview monitor and I'm afraid I might have sync issue with audio (it's a voiceover sync with the original file)

Yes thanks, I think it's not a bad idea to maybe mask for 3 sec the main video stream (or overlaying a slide, since this is a teaching material). I usually like to SOLVE a problem but here it seems I can only cover it wisely unless I change my hardware.
Hi Dafydd,

OK these are more details:

- I'm running PD12 on Window 7 64bit. My system is not very recent (CoreDuo E8500 3GB) with 4 GB Ram.
Video card is NVIDIA Geforce GT610 2GB with latest drive 332.21

- PD12 64bit Ultra version is 12.0.2420 (I believe the last one available)

I was considering to add more RAM, but I'm encoding 12 videos from the same DVD series and the problem only happens in a couple of them out of 12.

I have to make a correction. Although the file on the editing screen seems OK when played normally, when I actually go frame by frame to get the screenshot the same green bar appears, so I think this can suggest the file is already something corrupted even if the problem cannot be seen when played. Here are the screenshots of both the workspace & the same frame once rendered (where the artifacts are visible when played as normal for about 2 sec).

Thank you for the suggestion and guide links. Hardware acceleration it was actually checked in my preferences. I unselect this and tried to re-encode but unfortunately it made no difference, but maybe the issue is already created in the import process.... rather then the final encoding...
Hello..
I hope someone has a suggestion. I'm working in PD12 all updated, I have a 50 min video imported in mpeg2 from a DVD.
I've done some editing and now I'm exporting it in standard DV high quality settings. When I export the movie I get at almost at the end of the movie some green blocks artifacts for 2 sec... which DOES NOT appear during editing (video clip in the editor is 100% perfect). I tried to experiment different encoders (h264, mpeg2, mp4) but the problem remains, so it seems not related to the encoder itself...
I also tried to re-import again from the DVD source without success.

I'm getting crazy... do you have any suggestion on things I can try to remove these? The rest of the movie is perfect and increasing bitrate does not help either.

Many thanks
Andrea
I'm working again in my first DVD using PD12. I have 3 questions for things I don't understand which are not in the official user guide I think.

I use the Create disc to select my 3 movies (titles) I want to add for my DVD. Since I'm burning on a standard DVD 4.7 GB I'm adding 3 videos which I know are about 1.2 GB each. So I expect they can stay in one DVD, but when I import then with HQ settings or even Smart Fit settings PD says it's too long for a DVD??? Not sure what to do!! Is it because of wrong format?

Second question: I would like to add a custom button for a short video, but this time I want a TEXT button link (not the animated thumbnail created automatically). Is this possible? I just want a textual link to the video.
I have not found answers to these questions in the user guide...

Third question: Is it possible to add a button at the end of a chapter that says "Continue". At one point in the DVD I would like it to pause (with questions on the screen) and with a button "continue" the user can decide when to resume the play. Any idea on how to achieve that?

Thank you for your help,
Andrea

Hello, I'm checking for the first time the Menu Designer in PD12 to author my custom menu for the DVD.
I have a couple of questions. First of all do you have an idea why every time I try to make a change to an already saved custom menu, instead of just saving my changes PD prompts me to enter a new template name (I'm pressing Save, non "Save as") and so I have dozens of versions of the same theme in my library? Maybe it's me but it's sounds like a bug? Don't see the logic in that.

Also, I want to add a button with "Credits" linked to a static page with text credits. I was not able to find a way to do it... Pages are only created when I add a new video (title) or chapter in that scene.... So my conclusion is that even PD12 as a DVD Authoring tool is limited... it's my first DVD with PD12 and I've already found something it's not possible to do. Or maybe I am limited and I am missing something?

Many thanks
Andrea
wh7262, excellent video, thanks!!
Thanks a lot for additional explanation vn800rider!

The situation in my project is exactly as in your example: same kind of slides flying in/out, but not sure they are perfectly all the same duration in time... so I'll have a try and see what's happen!
Thank you so much for your clear and detailed replies to both Carl312 & playsound!! I understand now there's no official features but I will really try some of the workarounds or tricks suggested. Very clever.... Thanks so much for your good suggestions.

Andrea
Hello, I'm new to Powerdirector (I had only tried a very old version 8, but now 12 is much better for me!!)
I'm working on a project and have finished all editing in the timeline.

I have an image I have animated and stretched as required, now I realized there's a mistake in this image and I want to change it without loosing the animation and settings in the timeline. Is it possible to just switch an image (it has the same name) without having to import again in the timeline and loosing the animation editing I've done? Hope this is clear

Thank you for your help guys
Andrea
I had the same question, and I was really hoping v.11 was handling subtitles in a better way. Just tried the trial and it is not so.
No improvement, I cannot decide where in the screen the subs need to appear. In addition to that, one external srt file that I had no problem importing in v.10 is giving an error in v.11 saying the file is empy or incorrect?????? Very disappointed on this side....

Andy
Go to: