Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD Menu customization & New Custom Menu Designer
AndyIT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2012 13:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm checking for the first time the Menu Designer in PD12 to author my custom menu for the DVD.
I have a couple of questions. First of all do you have an idea why every time I try to make a change to an already saved custom menu, instead of just saving my changes PD prompts me to enter a new template name (I'm pressing Save, non "Save as") and so I have dozens of versions of the same theme in my library? Maybe it's me but it's sounds like a bug? Don't see the logic in that.

Also, I want to add a button with "Credits" linked to a static page with text credits. I was not able to find a way to do it... Pages are only created when I add a new video (title) or chapter in that scene.... So my conclusion is that even PD12 as a DVD Authoring tool is limited... it's my first DVD with PD12 and I've already found something it's not possible to do. Or maybe I am limited and I am missing something?

Many thanks
Andrea
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The SAVE AS is just the way it works. Annoying, to say the least.
You'll have to wait for answers regarding the rest of your post. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrea -

Re: Save / Save As
I think it's a case of a superfluous button. In Menu Designer, you're modifying a template to make a new template (as opposed to an actual menu).

No - it doesn't necessarily make sense, but that's how I think of it. In Microsoft Word, if you open a template and make some changes you can either Save the new document or Save As in a different format (including making a new template). Nah - that doesn't help.

The "Save" button in Menu Designer means nothing.

Re: Credits
To have a separate linked credits display, you could just make a separate video and import it as an extra title. That way it can be selected separately in the menu.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Credits Vid.png]
 Filename
Credits Vid.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
215 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2013 02:52

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!