Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD creation file size & DVD menu text link
AndyIT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2012 13:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'm working again in my first DVD using PD12. I have 3 questions for things I don't understand which are not in the official user guide I think.

I use the Create disc to select my 3 movies (titles) I want to add for my DVD. Since I'm burning on a standard DVD 4.7 GB I'm adding 3 videos which I know are about 1.2 GB each. So I expect they can stay in one DVD, but when I import then with HQ settings or even Smart Fit settings PD says it's too long for a DVD??? Not sure what to do!! Is it because of wrong format?

Second question: I would like to add a custom button for a short video, but this time I want a TEXT button link (not the animated thumbnail created automatically). Is this possible? I just want a textual link to the video.
I have not found answers to these questions in the user guide...

Third question: Is it possible to add a button at the end of a chapter that says "Continue". At one point in the DVD I would like it to pause (with questions on the screen) and with a button "continue" the user can decide when to resume the play. Any idea on how to achieve that?

Thank you for your help,
Andrea

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2013 19:04

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Your 3 videos may not fit on a 4.7 GB DVD as the create disk adds files for menu and if you have added any effects to the videos. It may fit with a smart fit selecyion but that will degrade the video.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!