Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for all the info everyone. I'll get busy working on my boss for a new machine immediately
Should I be able to run PowerDirector 10 32 bit version on my current machine and OS (specs below) with a reasonable expectation of it working? I work exclusively with HD video and burn to DVD or BR disk.

P.S. ... PD9 works great for whatever that's worth!

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
System Model Latitude D630
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2194 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A18, 12/6/2011
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.10 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Thanks..
OK... thanks for your helpful information.

Which version / iteration of PD10 should I go for if I am working with HDVideo and photos?

Thanks...
Good morning all.. I have several questions today. I'm evaluating PD9 for purchase (because I was led to believe PD10 is 64 bit and not compatible with WinXP PRO and my Dell D630 Laptop ) The specs for my Laptop are...

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
System Model Latitude D630
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2194 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A18, 12/6/2011
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.10 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Am I correct in this? If I am not correct and should be looking at PD10, which of the versions / iterations would be best for my situation.. which is that I exclusively work with self shot HD video and photos from my Nikon D5100 DSLR and want the final product to end up on a DL 8.5 GB AVCHD disk or eventually when I buy one, Blue Ray disks.

Question 2. When initially running PD9, and then when trying to launch PD9 Menu Designer a DOS window flashed by so fast I could not even begin to read it and the program(s) blew up ... failed to run. I used a screen capture process to catch the DOS window as it went by and found the message (graphic attached) was a warning that PD9 (and then the PD9 menu tool) was trying to load a DLL, but some other DLL was already running, and that I should change an environmental variable to allow both to run at the same time (not recommended due to performance issues) or delete the pre-existing DLL. I chose the latter solution and then both programs ran without a problem. Do we have some idea what's up with this problem, and is their a system log file I could have gone to to find these problems?

Question 3. Finally... menu modification in PD9 is whupping my backside. I have a video with about 19 subtitles which I want to each be a button on the disc menu, but I can't figure out how to add pages to the menu structure or link the subtitles to the various subtitles on the timeline. Is there a tutorial I can watch which would explain this process?

Thanks all!

Have a great weekend!
I appreciate your help... and I acknowledge that there may be issues which make the company reluctant to provide the full unfettered trial version... but I'm just not interested in a software product I have to jump through hoops just to do an evaluation.

Another check mark off my list of possibles....

I'm on to Sony... next!

So.. what am I missing here... it's good that there is this refund policy, but why the restrictions on the trial version? If the program works as designed... I don't understand why they would not let you test the full blown version. I'm very suspicious of limited / restricted trial versions.
I've installed PD10 to evaluate on my Win XPPro workstation and quickly discovered that the trial version on XP does not allow use of HD video. If I cannot evaluate this program's performance using HD video I'm certainly not going to buy it. I learned that lesson the hard way while using Roxio products.

So.. what are my options? Please advise if you have any suggestions....

Thanks !

Former Roxio user looking for a non-buggy alternative!
Go to: