Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu modification and version for purchase
SgtSaunders69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning all.. I have several questions today. I'm evaluating PD9 for purchase (because I was led to believe PD10 is 64 bit and not compatible with WinXP PRO and my Dell D630 Laptop ) The specs for my Laptop are...

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
System Model Latitude D630
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2194 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A18, 12/6/2011
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.10 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Am I correct in this? If I am not correct and should be looking at PD10, which of the versions / iterations would be best for my situation.. which is that I exclusively work with self shot HD video and photos from my Nikon D5100 DSLR and want the final product to end up on a DL 8.5 GB AVCHD disk or eventually when I buy one, Blue Ray disks.

Question 2. When initially running PD9, and then when trying to launch PD9 Menu Designer a DOS window flashed by so fast I could not even begin to read it and the program(s) blew up ... failed to run. I used a screen capture process to catch the DOS window as it went by and found the message (graphic attached) was a warning that PD9 (and then the PD9 menu tool) was trying to load a DLL, but some other DLL was already running, and that I should change an environmental variable to allow both to run at the same time (not recommended due to performance issues) or delete the pre-existing DLL. I chose the latter solution and then both programs ran without a problem. Do we have some idea what's up with this problem, and is their a system log file I could have gone to to find these problems?

Question 3. Finally... menu modification in PD9 is whupping my backside. I have a video with about 19 subtitles which I want to each be a button on the disc menu, but I can't figure out how to add pages to the menu structure or link the subtitles to the various subtitles on the timeline. Is there a tutorial I can watch which would explain this process?

Thanks all!

Have a great weekend!
[Thumb - MenuEditorDLLIssue.jpg]
 Filename
MenuEditorDLLIssue.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
DLL error screen for PD9 Menu Editor
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 14. 2012 11:07

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Good morning all.. I have several questions today. I'm evaluating PD9 for purchase (because I was led to believe PD10 is 64 bit and not compatible with WinXP PRO and my Dell D630 Laptop ) The specs for my Laptop are...

Am I correct in this? If I am not correct and should be looking at PD10, which of the versions / iterations would be best for my situation.. which is that I exclusively work with self shot HD video and photos from my Nikon D5100 DSLR and want the final product to end up on a DL 8.5 GB AVCHD disk or eventually when I buy one, Blue Ray disks.

Question 2. When initially running PD9, and then when trying to launch PD9 Menu Designer a DOS window flashed by so fast I could not even begin to read it and the program(s) blew up ... failed to run. I used a screen capture process to catch the DOS window as it went by and found the message (graphic attached) was a warning that PD9 (and then the PD9 menu tool) was trying to load a DLL, but some other DLL was already running, and that I should change an environmental variable to allow both to run at the same time (not recommended due to performance issues) or delete the pre-existing DLL. I chose the latter solution and then both programs ran without a problem. Do we have some idea what's up with this problem, and is their a system log file I could have gone to to find these problems?

Question 3. Finally... menu modification in PD9 is whupping my backside. I have a video with about 19 subtitles which I want to each be a button on the disc menu, but I can't figure out how to add pages to the menu structure or link the subtitles to the various subtitles on the timeline. Is there a tutorial I can watch which would explain this process?

Thanks all!

Have a great weekend!

First question: Powerdirector 10 comes in two versions 32 bit and 64 bit. Which one gets installed depends on your OS, Windows XP will install the 32 Bit version.

Question 2: I have no idea, unless Windows Update did it to you. Since it is working, I would not worry about the result.

Question 3: A lot more complicated. Lets start with a piece of information from Cyberlink.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product-tutorial/enu/powerdirector/7/menudesigntips.jsp

A tutorial made in Powerdirector 8, applies to PD 9 and PD10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMYmFNWLjo

In the Cyberlink PD 9 Menu system, you get more Title/chapter pages it you add Chapters in the Edit module Chapter Room. Or add more videos on the Content tab of the Create Disk Module.

If you add chapters in the edit module you have Scenes pages added, depending on how many chapters and how many items per menu page.

If you add Titles (videos on Content tab), same thing, number of titles determines the number of pages generated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 14. 2012 17:02

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

SgtSaunders69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
OK... thanks for your helpful information.

Which version / iteration of PD10 should I go for if I am working with HDVideo and photos?

Thanks...
Minny [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2011 23:00 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I use PD10 ultra as it burns blu-ray discs. The deluxe version doesn't.

Ultra is a 64 bit program and uses a lot more ram the 32bit deluxe.

Also the preview window is HD as well.

Here is link to the differences http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/compare_en_AU.html

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: OK... thanks for your helpful information.

Which version / iteration of PD10 should I go for if I am working with HDVideo and photos?

Thanks...

If you are burning BluRay Disks, you must have Powerdirector Ultra. The Deluxe version does not burn BluRay Disks.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.