Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trial install of PD10
SgtSaunders69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I've installed PD10 to evaluate on my Win XPPro workstation and quickly discovered that the trial version on XP does not allow use of HD video. If I cannot evaluate this program's performance using HD video I'm certainly not going to buy it. I learned that lesson the hard way while using Roxio products.

So.. what are my options? Please advise if you have any suggestions....

Thanks !

Former Roxio user looking for a non-buggy alternative!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi SgtSaunders69,

Options:
There is a 30 day refund policy. It will at least give you an added assurance and confidence to try out PD10 FULL version.
Look up: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=2317
And: https://asknet-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2215/kw/refund

Dafydd
SgtSaunders69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So.. what am I missing here... it's good that there is this refund policy, but why the restrictions on the trial version? If the program works as designed... I don't understand why they would not let you test the full blown version. I'm very suspicious of limited / restricted trial versions.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi SgtSaunders69 ,
I don't know why the Trial has such HD limitations. I can surmise and wonder if the restrictions are related to the need to have specific codecs and these are only licensed for the full version.

The 30 day refund policy for a software product is superb.

If you'd like members to "test your footage" on their systems, with their full version. Please provide a 5 second sample and I'm sure members will help you.

Dafydd
SgtSaunders69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I appreciate your help... and I acknowledge that there may be issues which make the company reluctant to provide the full unfettered trial version... but I'm just not interested in a software product I have to jump through hoops just to do an evaluation.

Another check mark off my list of possibles....

I'm on to Sony... next!