Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote For the default location, C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\Cache\AutoSave\ the \AppData\ folder is a hidden folder, so you will have to set windows to display it in file explorer.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, that sorted the problem....Cheers
So here's another problem, I hadn't known about that so check med in preferences and
see that the folder that was set up to save them in doesn't exist on my PC! so I very much
doubt that I can find a file.
Thank you
Hi,

can anyone advise me on how to fix or replace the .PDS file as I have a `Broken` file...have no idea how and why its happened.
Are there any back up files anywhere?

Thank you
Thank you that helped, cheers
Hi All

Just a quick question, I have understood that for TV playback you should render at 24p, my source videos were either 25p or 30p at 4K (I used multiple devices) so will the rendering process correctly output to 24p? my videos playback a little jerky.
I have tried many variations but to no avail, when I render to match the source video of 25p it is pretty much the same so not sure where I go here...
I am using PD 18 on a windopws 11 machine. im using an Nvidia GPU (an old one mind 650i) any advice would be great thanks

Ok so is the way forward to upgrade my OS? I have an up to date version of Win 7.
It is a shame that there are no warnings about this prior to upgrading...
Upgraded from PD16 to PD18 and now get an error importing my MTS files, error message says an error occured when opening the file, it may have unsupported or protected audio, or it could be for another reason. you may continue editing the video part of the file only.

Was ok until I upgraded to PD 18, all other file types I have are ok, MOV, MP4 etc..
I checked settings but nothing jumps out at me so really do not know what the problem is, can aybody help please
Hi, Thank you all for your help much appreciated, I will try this all out tomorrow night. Cheers
Paul
Hi, Does anyone how to access and use this `Opacity Rubberband`?
Thanks
Paul
Hi All.

Can anybody help, I cannot see how to mix and choose between 2 video tracks, I`ll explain more.... I have some film from a concert that I took and a friend also took some footage from another angle, I want my footage as the main video as track 1 in the timeline but I want to add the other track below, lip sync them together but be able to mix between them in and out as and when I choose so I can produce a much better video, also whilst keep the audio from my file in track 1 throughout, any suggestions on how to do this?
Thanks in advance
SUCCESS:- Just kept on trying with the CL downloader and left it alone on the screen, after 15-20 mins it started to download the patch and the it installed okay.

Patch works a treat thankyou both for your support..

Cheers
Paul
Just so frustrated here, reinstalled a clean installation of Win 7 but have exactly the same problem! really dont know where to go from here?
The CL downloader just stalls each time its run so have to close it down.

Running the patch .exe file and the install shield just freezes so im at a loss.

Do you think an update to PD 11 may be the answer?

Cheers
Paul
Yes that's what I did, I think it's a problem with the windows
installer program so I am just reinstalling Windows 7 in case
there were corrupt it lost files.
Cheers
Paul
Still having problems with this:- I have managed to copy and extract the VDE12029-09.exe file, however when I run the setup file the Windows Install sheild now freezes!. it partly runs and gets as far as saying `Preparing to Install`- then thats it.
Any further ideas?

Cheers
Paul
Ok, will go through it again tonight and once I have copied the file over to my Win 7 pc I will use Winrar to extract it.
Cheers
Hi Dave

On my XP pc the downloader installed then automatically downloed the patch CL.2231_GM7_Patch_VDE121029-09 that I assume was a self executbale file.
Im at work now so cannot check up the actual file type that I copied accross but will see tonight, I didnt recognise it as .RAR or a.zip file though.
Is the patch download a zipped file?

Cheers
Paul
Hi Tony

Yes I also have tried that but when I clicked on the file to install it a window came up requesting me to select a program to run it and I got stuck at this point, I was browsing for the cyberlink.exe file but couldnt find its location, or is there another file I should associate it with?

Thanks for your help

Cheers
Paul
Hi Tony

Thank you, I am trying to download this on my Windows 7 PC but the downloader is just hanging there doing nothing, do you know if there are any issue on Win 7 (64 bit).
It downloaded ok on another PC of mine running XP, I copied the file across but am not sure what file is required to run it.

Regards
Paul
Hi all

Have recently upgtaded my Redeon Graphics card due to it becoming faulty to a Geforce 650TI card but now when I try to playback to view files in the
Project timeline viewscreen it runs a couple of seconds then hangs while a little window underneath it opens showing a status bar and sayingi "Rendering". The playback then runs another couple of seconds then the same thing repeats continuously.
Any editing is out of the question as it is impossible to playback and view files.
Does anyone have any views on this?

Thanks
paul
Hi all

Dont think this i spossible but is there a way to produce an MKV file directly from PD9?

Cheers
Paul
Go to: