Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
.PDS file broken
Voyager [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2012 04:03 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

can anyone advise me on how to fix or replace the .PDS file as I have a `Broken` file...have no idea how and why its happened.
Are there any back up files anywhere?

Thank you
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You should be able to use one of the auto-saved versions, as long as that option was enabled from the Preferences | Project menu
Voyager [Avatar]
[Post New]
So here's another problem, I hadn't known about that so check med in preferences and
see that the folder that was set up to save them in doesn't exist on my PC! so I very much
doubt that I can find a file.
Thank you
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. If you click on the Browse button from that menu, it will show you the exact folder where any auto-saved projects will be stored. You can also select all the text to the left (showing the folder location) then copy it and paste it into the location box near the top of File Explorer to browse that folder directly.

None of this will help if the option to use Auto saves was disabled, though.

You also don't say how or why you think you have a "broken" PDS file. Maybe sharing more details about any error messages you've received will help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
For the default location, C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\Cache\AutoSave\ the \AppData\ folder is a hidden folder, so you will have to set windows to display it in file explorer.

Jeff
Voyager [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote For the default location, C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\Cache\AutoSave\ the \AppData\ folder is a hidden folder, so you will have to set windows to display it in file explorer.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, that sorted the problem....Cheers