Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Better solution - I downloaded Adobe Premiere Elements and guess what? The file edits as it should - no issues...other than pissing away more money.

Had the trial version of PowerDirector 10 been full featured, I wouldn't have wasted my money on it.

Another day, another strange PowerDirector 10 problem; this time in multi trim.

I'm attempting to multi trim a wmv file. I can import it normally, the file plays in normally in the main PowerDirector window as you'd expect without any issues.

All is well until the file is loaded into the multi trim window at which point the main work space pane (the trimming window) doesn't render - just a black pane. Puzzling is the fact that the video renders as normal in the small preview windows (at one minute intervals) beneath the main multi trim pane.

I can manipulate the sliders as normal, and I can even trim the file as normal (I simply can't see where I'm cutting...black window, remember?). I can even export that cut file to the main PowerDirector window where it shows I've made cuts in the original file - I simply can't see the file as I'm cutting it - all I get is that black window!

I've changed the file to an MP4 with Nero Recode and still have the same problem. The file is not copyright protected.

Any idea what's going on here?
Is there a way to delete these "Oh, now I get it" posts?

I don't want to clutter up the place
Looks like vn800rider is spot on - luckily, I have a much better video card (from my gamer Son's last upgrade) so a new power supply and some new ram should have me going for under $65.

Thanks to all who've replied.
My Son spent the afternoon updating every driver and finally gave up exasperated - the problem persists.

Apparently, I've just spent $100 on a program that doesn't work on properly my system.
Thanks for your help, Steve.
Thanks for the response - I hope these files help.
No answer? I'm a bit surprised at that...

I'll attempt to upload the file again:

Any help at all?
When I add transitions to my newly multi-cut videos, eight times out of every ten tries at least one of the transitions in the clip is as seen here (first screengrab):

I've tried every transition and again, 80% of the time that same error. I've tried lengthening/shortening, adding them manually, using the automatic "Add fading transition to all videos", using different transitions for every cut and still get that error at least once per video.

My preference is to create "best quality" Mpeg-4 files (second screengrab):

Any ideas? I'm spending most of my time re-"producing" every file I attempt.

I'm using a Intel core 2, vista premium 64bit
Thanks for your help.
I've been playing with the DVD title/menu designer for the past week and while I'm still put off by certain things, I'm finally getting some positive results.

Four quick questions:

I'm modifying a downloaded Director Zone DVD title which the author created with a techno-music background I'm anything but a fan of. I see you can kill it from the main Powerdirector window, but it forces us to turn it off (or change it) manually in every menu.

Is there a way to set (or turn off) the background globally (ie: in all DVD menus/windows) with one button? Is there a way to control the addition of music in the Menu designer?

Also, and more importantly; when creating preview windows in the Titles/Chapters Menu, is there a way to size all the preview windows to match one another at once (currently I'm manually dragging all of the new previews to match)?

Is it possible to have the program create new windows sized to match the others in the menu?

Thanks
Thanks for the tips - I'll be using them all.
I'm new to creating DVD menus within PowerDirector 10 and need some really basic info - is there a place to download other navigation icons (arrows) or does PowerDirector assume we're all artistic and able to create our own?

My problem is that I'm trying to create *basic* menus ie: pop the DVD in and immediately see four preview thumbnails and a navigation arrow on a simple colored background. So far, I've had no luck whatsoever - the Director Zone has nothing for me and as mentioned; I can't even find a more diverse selection of navigation arrows, just full featured animated menus.

Any help?
My apologies if I'm missing something here - I'm new and utterly flummoxed by the menu designer. So far, even the simplest things like adding a one color background are completely baffling to me.

My suggestions are all quite simple:

1: Please, make the options more obvious. The icons are okay, but they're not clear and certainly not friendly to new users.

2: Allow for the creation of easy/basic menus. 9 times out of 10 all I want is a simple one color background with a selectable number of file preview windows and arrows for navigation back/forward. Nothing more.

3: In the Menu Designer window, allow us to delete (via keyboard - its much easier) every element shown - ie: "My Videos", "Item 1", "Item 2", "Item 3" etc.

4: Don't assume every user wants a root menu page - I want to put the disc in and immediately see the files on the disc. Give us the option to do so and again, make it obvious.

Thank you.
Go to: