Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Solved - Transition oddness
tetzy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2012 03:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
When I add transitions to my newly multi-cut videos, eight times out of every ten tries at least one of the transitions in the clip is as seen here (first screengrab):

I've tried every transition and again, 80% of the time that same error. I've tried lengthening/shortening, adding them manually, using the automatic "Add fading transition to all videos", using different transitions for every cut and still get that error at least once per video.

My preference is to create "best quality" Mpeg-4 files (second screengrab):

Any ideas? I'm spending most of my time re-"producing" every file I attempt.

I'm using a Intel core 2, vista premium 64bit
[Thumb - 1.jpg]
 Filename
1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
first
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
201 time(s)
[Thumb - 2.jpg]
 Filename
2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
second
 Filesize
148 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
201 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 08. 2012 01:14

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tetzy
Please attach files to your post. Third party links as you have presented should not be needed or given (end user security applies).
Forum Moderator
tetzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
No answer? I'm a bit surprised at that...

I'll attempt to upload the file again:

Any help at all?
[Thumb - 1.jpg]
 Filename
1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screengrab of "transition" Problem
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
171 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please post the dxdiag.exe txt file for your computer. Use this Part B http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Did you double check to make sure that your computer meets or exceeds the minimum requirements? Are you video drivers up to date? If you post the dxdiag file, we can help with that.

Please give us a list of the transitions you are using - are any of the the 3D transitions? Are you using Hardware Acceleration? Have you tried to see if it works if you turn that off?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 04. 2012 09:55

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tetzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response - I hope these files help.
 Filename
64 DT DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
64bit DXDiag.txt file
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
337 time(s)
 Filename
DT DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Standard DXDiag.txt file
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
357 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
and the examples of the transitions you are trying to use?

You have an on board video chip with poor video properties. See if there is a more recent update to the drivers for that chip. I see that you have one from Oct 2011 which really isn't old but there may be something newer. Go here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Intel%c2%ae+Embedded+Graphics+Drivers&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Embedded+Graphics+Drivers&ProdId=2159&LineId=2159&FamilyId=39

Make sure that you have the hardware rendering turned off in options. Stick with the "easier" transitions - no 3D or #D like transitions. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
tetzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help, Steve.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your help, Steve.

Did the suggestions resolve your issue? If so, please change the name of this thread to add "solved" to the title. .
tetzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
My Son spent the afternoon updating every driver and finally gave up exasperated - the problem persists.

Apparently, I've just spent $100 on a program that doesn't work on properly my system.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2012 03:07

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I would suggest that your system does not meet the spec for running PD10. This is mainly due to the Intel g45 integrated chipset leaving you short on graphics power. Even with the updated drivers, as you have done, I think you will continue to struggle, particularly if you do anything remotely complex.

Your mobo does have a slots for expansion and you could get a much better video card which may solve your graphics problem BUT the stock system only has a 250w or 300w PSU (I think) which may need to be upgraded to cope with a better video card. You could up your RAM to help out since you are on a 64bit system (8Gb is the max your mobo supports, I think) but it may not be worthwhile.

All in all, I suspect your system is only just capable of running PD10 and you may well find that the editing experience frustrating because of odd things like the present glitch.

Others may have other solutions??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
tetzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looks like vn800rider is spot on - luckily, I have a much better video card (from my gamer Son's last upgrade) so a new power supply and some new ram should have me going for under $65.

Thanks to all who've replied.