Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yet another strange problem
tetzy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2012 03:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Another day, another strange PowerDirector 10 problem; this time in multi trim.

I'm attempting to multi trim a wmv file. I can import it normally, the file plays in normally in the main PowerDirector window as you'd expect without any issues.

All is well until the file is loaded into the multi trim window at which point the main work space pane (the trimming window) doesn't render - just a black pane. Puzzling is the fact that the video renders as normal in the small preview windows (at one minute intervals) beneath the main multi trim pane.

I can manipulate the sliders as normal, and I can even trim the file as normal (I simply can't see where I'm cutting...black window, remember?). I can even export that cut file to the main PowerDirector window where it shows I've made cuts in the original file - I simply can't see the file as I'm cutting it - all I get is that black window!

I've changed the file to an MP4 with Nero Recode and still have the same problem. The file is not copyright protected.

Any idea what's going on here?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2012 09:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tetzy,
Black pane/display?
Please provide some additional information. Screenshot and diagnostic files. Part A,B,E & F in the guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Edit Workspace please
Muti-Trim Workspace please.

Render = Google information

Please use the sample files to carry out the same actions and report how you got on.

Please use the sample file and render/Produce it to an mp4 1920 x 1080 Best Quality mp4 and then use that file in Multi-Trim.

Please repeat the experiment but this time Produce to a wmv file. WMV 9 Full HD Quality (1920 x 1080)

Dafydd
tetzy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2012 03:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Better solution - I downloaded Adobe Premiere Elements and guess what? The file edits as it should - no issues...other than pissing away more money.

Had the trial version of PowerDirector 10 been full featured, I wouldn't have wasted my money on it.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Better solution - I downloaded Adobe Premiere Elements and guess what? The file edits as it should - no issues...other than pissing away more money.

Had the trial version of PowerDirector 10 been full featured, I wouldn't have wasted my money on it.

You did not waste any money on the PowerDirector 10 trial, it was a free download and trial.

No money exchanged hands with the Powerdirector 10 Trial.

It was Cyberlink's choice to not support some High Definition formats in the Trial, the retail version of Powerdirector 10 Ultra 64 fully supports High definition formats.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.