Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Mit GPU-Z kann man ein Vielfaches von dem sehen, was mit Windows Bordmitteln angezeigt wird - z.B. die Temperatur usw. Ist aber nicht Bedingung, weil, wie geschrieben, diese GraKa von PD sowieso nicht sonderlich gefordert wird.

Der Task-Manager zeigt die GPU-Temperatur auch an.
Quote Hallo, ich habe auch diese Grafikkarte (6GB RAM). Anfang des Jahres hat sie noch 260 € gekostet, aber jetzt stimmt wohl ca. 450 €. Nach meiner Erfahrung reicht diese Karte völlig aus, da PowerDirector die GraKa gar nicht so sehr nutzt. Das kannst Du mit dem Freeware-Tool GPU-Z leicht selbst überprüfen. Es zeigt die die Aus- und Belastung der GraKa.

Ja, es ist die mit 6 GB. Hab im November €240 bezahlt.

Die Nutzung der Karte kann man einfach mit dem Task-Manager machen.
Auf "Leistung" clicken und dann unten "GPU" auswählen

Vielen Dank. Bin nicht so der Fachmann, aber von der Serie gibt es mehrere. Hast du eine genauere Bezeichnung oder ist es die für ca. 480€?

Auf der Rechnung steht

Graphics Card MSI GeForce GTX 1660
Super Aero ITX

Bei mir genau das gleiche Problem. Kannst du mir sagen was für eine Karte genau du hast? Vielen Dank

NVIDIA
GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Quote Fascinating, and I'm glad you were able to figure out what was going on!

FWIW I see 3 different cutoffs of the bottom content when using 3 different media players, with only WMP showing the full clip:

(Note VLC version is 3.0.11)

Yes, it is fascinating, indeed. I never thought that players have such big differences in their output.
VLC has already answered and I sent them a 2 seconds clip.
Quote None of the things you're describing should ever occur, and I wonder if there's something about your project or the clips in it that are throwing PD off.

If you're comfortable sharing the clips with people here, use Pack Project Materials under PD's File menu and upload everything to a cloud folder on OneDrive or Google Drive, then paste a publically shareable link to it here. See thisFAQ for more details.

I use the VLC player to watch videos and just found out that this is the reason why I did not see the logo on the very bottom. When I open the rendered video with the Quicktime player or Windows Media player the logo is visible as it should be. The VLC player is obviously stretching the video a bit more and therefore not reproducing correctly.
No matter if I adjusted the produce profile or not, VLC could not handle the vertical 9:16 video correctly. I sent this screenshot to VLC. Let's hope they will answer.
Quote That's very helpful, and my guess is that your clip on Track 4 is blocking it. You can confirm this by unchecking the box to the right of the film icon for track 4 and then producing.

If your logo is present, try moving it to track 5 so it's "in front of" the Wedding Gold Dust effect.

When I moved logo to track 5 it was still not showing.
Then I moved the logo position from the bottom up to the very top of the screen and it showed up.
So I thought the Wedding Gold Dust effect prevents the display of the logof on the bottom of the screen, no matter on what track it is. That was not correct.

It looks like rendering cuts off about the lowest 10%. I did not notice that because there was mostly black on the bottom.

Have no idea why this happens but maybe it is because I had to rotate the original 16:9 clip to 9:16. The camera I used does not support vertical video format yet.

Thanks optodata for your help anyways.
Quote Take a screenshot of your timeline showing all active tracks with the scrubber (playhead) somewhere on the track that doesn't make it to the produced video.

Make sure the preview window shows everything as expected, then save the screenshot as JPG or PNG and use the Attachments button below the forum text box to upload and share it here.

On track 2 is my logo which does not make it to the produced video.
Quote If track is active and no other anomalies, if you are using hardware decoding or encoding, that may do this with PD, try turning off, pref > Hardware Acceleration and "Produce" page "Hardware video encoder"

Jeff

Sorry, no success with your suggestions.
On one of 4 tracks I placed a logo in png format. It is visible on timeline and preview but it is missing on the rendered video.
This happened for the first time and I have no clue why.
When using multiple tracks with transitions (fade in/out) there are conflicts when they are on the same time. A fade in gets destroyed by a fade in on another track. The same happens with fade out.

Does anybody have an idea why this happens?
Quote Dears,

Im using PD since 3 years now. SUbscription and just update to 19.
I will mail this to CB, and check their answer...(certainely ask me
for tons of files as I previously did for a crash issue, for a poor
answer..)
bruno

Denoise, graphic- and animation-intense titles and extensive use of LUTs are the reasons for slow rendering.
Less is more, seems to be the motto for faster rendering ;-)
Useful link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/83077.page#342648
Quote For those interested....

Having performed the 'Video in reverse' funtion that seemingly doesn't work, simply do an 'UNDO' (Ctrl + Z) and hey presto, video in reverse is applied to the footage.

Works for me at least!

Yep, this works indeed. Really funny!
Info for anyone still using old motherboards with Legacy BIOS:

Do not install newer GPUs from AMD/Asus as they require UEFI BIOS.

Installing msi NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 super AERO ITX worked for me.
These cards must still support Legacy BIOS which I am really happy about.

It is pretty bad that not even the official ASUS support Europe could answer my questions why their GPU does not work with older motherboards.

PD365 works fine now and I hope it stays like this for some time.
Quote OK, fine. I hope that thay will react soon.
Take care
Warry

Thanks.

Support reacted by asking me further questions and wanting crash reports and my email address.
I'm a client for many years. They must know my email-address and I submitted dozens of crash reports with my email address.

Update after today's (Oct 21) support answer:

They asked me the same questions again with some additions - not really a big help.

I think my Radeon 5850 is too old for PD365. It was fine up to PD16.
Have ordered a new one from ASUS and will replace it soon.
Hopefully this solves the problem. Will keep you informed.

Update after deinstalling new card ASUS DUAL Radeon RX 5500 XT O8G EVO (Nov. 3)

ASUS support is ultra slow. They could also not say why their GPU did not work.
I personally think it is because it was too new for my older motherboard and CPU.
Here two links:
https://www.pcmasters.de/forum/threads/probleme-mit-amd-radeon-rx-5500-xt.148401/
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/old-motherboards-new-gpus.227844/

I have ordered another GPU from NVIDIA and will inform soon if this graphics card works.

Update after installing GEFORCE GTX 1660 super Aero ITX (Nov. 5)

Installation of GPU was easy and no problems occured. Re-Installation of PD365 and activation of Hardware acceleration also went through well.

So far all is running fine.
Quote O dear. Did you work with the trial version of 365?
Maybe an idea to share your DXdiag file with us?

No, I subscribed to 365.
Will later share DxDiag here.
Want to get first an official support answer.
Quote Hmm. Ok. I would in that case completely uninstall PD and install it again. If it has worked before, it should do so again. If not, then it may be good to check drivers, and settings etc.

Uninstalled and reinstalled twice already.
No success.

PD16 Ultimate still works fine. I can continue with this version but I wanted to try PD365 and I am quite disappointed, also about the very slow official support system.
Quote Please allow me a suggestion: There is the obvious possibility that the current PD version cannot cope with 16 projects. Restarting PD after the has crashed may end in another crash when at startup PD attempts to open the last project used. I suggest that you rename or move this last project, so that PD cannot find it anymore.
After that, if PD starts normally, then untick the “automatically load last project” in the preferences/projects? Then look at the project file to see what ever incompatibly issues may be in there. Maybe share that project file here?

I have “automatically load last project” deactivated.
When I start PD365 "normal" by double clicking only it crashes after about 2 seconds.
Have been working with PD16 Ultimate for years with no problems.
Installed PD365.
Unable to open any old project. Always crashes at 80% update timeline data.

Starting PD365 without project is not possible at all. Crashes right at the beginning.

Frustrating!
Quote Der Support wird sich schon melden. Wochenende.

Ja, hoffe ich auch.
Hatte am Wochenende vor, mich mit der neuen Version vertraut zu machen ...
Schade!
open project - update timeline 80% - crash
Ist halt frustrierend, wenn man was Neues gekauft hat und es nicht funktioniert.

UPDATE: Meine alte Grafikkarte war zu schwach. Hab mir eine neue von NVIDIA zugelegt und jetzt läuft es ohne Abstürze. Lediglich das Rendering ist langsam, wenn viele LUTs eingesetzt sind.
Go to: