Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yeah, your old posts above helped me out just now for making custom youtube profiles based on their recommendations, which are below the lowest default.
I couldnt find what bitrate PD10 uploads to youtube by default, and figure their recommendations are a good enough compromise between quality and size.

And I made customs for my own archives. Twice the encoding, but meh, the laptop is quite usable while rendering behind the scenes.

So yeah, hopefully PD11 wont make us edit text files again.
Ok, thanks, I understand everything now on this issue.
You said "SVRT does not render as reliable a video as does direct PC computation. The same holds true with hardware encoding."

Due to the power of my system, if I unchecked fast render tech which makes me choose hardware or software render, are you saying the reliability of the video is best when using neither of those?
I could try it now to see what the speed difference is, but if I am satisfied with the speed, I should go without using the fast video render tech?
or did I misunderstand your line I copied?
So, say I never plan to burn these to disk. If I play them back on a tv it will be hdmi from comp or laptop, and most viewing will be the 720p uploads to youtube, my archives may never be looked at again.

Is SVRT recommended then?
Yeah, I ordered a second battery for the trip, alot of extra weight, but necessary.
But the battery isnt too bad with the powersaving options, like I can keep the cpu below a certain power level and other little things, which is fine for anything but if I were editing, yeah, I think just under or over 2 hours with the 8cell and sadly thats the only kind of battery asus sells for it.
I would only render when I could be plugged in, and other times the batteries are for when I am in a remote area.
Well, expense is relative, but the issue is more the trouble of redoing all that I have done with this comp or the extra expense of cloning it to the new one.
I was just curious, if the 4min render is anything to go by, I can render fast enough. Will see what happens when I do my first trip movies, they will be longer projects.

Anyway, I should have uploaded the 2min file since i am only showing that it says 30f
but its up, 175MB avchd
http://www.mediafire.com/?xa0wadvth7hxlpb

Probably a moot point though
Basically, the final question of this issue.
If I record the HA mode and render it progressive, do you think the 60p mode is worth the extra space it takes up for travel videos?

I am sure its more for fast moving stuff so I guess the correct answer is its situational?
Hmm, odd, my output from the camera says 30f but that doesnt matter so much.
I just like progressive, reducing blur of moving objects right?
But I think I had asked, if I record in 1080p 60f mode, does rendering it to 30f affect anything, am i losing half the frames?

On a similar note, if I were to shoot at the HA mode how does it affect things to render an interlaced video as progressive? I dont get how that works.

I uploaded an HA mode file. If I read correct, interlace means it shoots at 60 frames but its really 30 interlaced?
So maybe the properties show 30 but the spec says 60 because its interlaced?

So if I render if progressive, is it as if I recorded it progressive, or nearly as good?
Well, its an Asus G74, high end gamer laptop. Really its overkill for gaming but as its all I will have on the trip and for a few years I wanted it to feel like a desktop.

But just on the performance issue, what is a good render time others get for files?

Like for a 15min file?

Also, does the HDD being 5400 or 7200 make more than a minor difference?
I am new to video editing, but I think my gaming laptop does well for editing, though it cost $1400
Asus G74
Win 7 64bit
i7 Quad Core 2630 1.9ghz with overclock to 2.6ghz
12G ram
Nvidia 560M 3GB ram
I asked in another thread how much a 5400(?) rpm HDD affects things.

Annoyingly just 2 weeks after I got this laptop a new version of G74 at same price was released with 2.1ghz cpu and 7200 rpm HDD
Oh well, but laptop HDDs are expensive and then the cost of copying the system over, I dont know that I want to mess with it.
Anyway, my point is, I think its nice since I render in slightly less time than the length of the video so far.
4min test video took 3min30sec using 3 effects and 2 transitions at 720p 30f mp4
I did the test to see if 60p would change the size.
It didnt change the size at all.
and for a 4 min file that didnt have too much noise, i changed from 192kbs to 128kbs and it lowered the file size by about 1 MB
It would add up more for longer files, maybe for more complex audio clips, but what do yall think about lowering from 192 to 128, I dont think the quality is noticable, but do yall think it is and is worth the tradeoff? I cant tell how much space I would save but if for a 10min video I save 3MB I guess it wouldnt be worth lowering quality.
I just dont have the experience to know and trying to figure out the proper compromise between quality and size.

I want to keep these archived to see later. I plan to travel to many countries and see interesting things, and upload some stuff to youtube but archive the original in 720p with the best file size / quality compromise I can.
I have the option to use x.v. color during the render phase.
From what I have read about it, I should be able to make use of it.

But it disables the fast rendering option.
I have the trial version, so I wonder if that also made a difference in not being able to do both.

Also, I know SVRT is disabled in trial version. But if I buy PD10, is it better to chose svrt or hardware video encoder to render assuming I dont choose xv color?

Honestly, I want something that wont take longer than the videos length to render. Maybe a little longer, but the quality does not have to be spectacular if it will cost me so much time to render.
Hi
1) My system profile is my signature.
I am using trial version of PowerDirector to test it against VideoStudio X4
So far I like it and despite all I have heard it has yet to crash, but I just tested by adding a few effects and transitions to 1080p files of length 2min and 4 min. I figured that would be enough to get an idea how well the system handles such high quality files.
Should I test it on 30min stuff, or is 4min enough?
Also, I am curious, is the trial version optimal performance wise? I mean I think the trial version has some limits right?

Speed is important to me as I will be working with alot of travel videos that will most likely be 1080p
But I also want stability and I have read alot about how unstable PowerDirector is for some people so want to test it properly against my system. If it only crashes once in awhile, I am ok with that. Just not multiple times each project.

Anyway
2) I hope this can be answered. Its somewhat related to PD10, sorry its wordy, but its related to PD10
I have a Panasonic HDC TM90. It has multople modes for 1080.
HX, HA, and 2 others I forget. Then it has a 5th mode that you can only turn on with a button which is the tru 1080p mode.

But I cant seem to find anywhere what all these other modes are besides their bitrate.

I am just concerned about HA really, second highest of the 5 modes. It can give me 40 more minutes of record time on 16GB memory card, I think uses a tiny bit less battery too.
To the question, my only concern is I want progressive scan.
1080p Highest mode does 60f, HA mode does 30f.

But I cant tell if thats 30f progressive or interlaced :/
I wont be recording anything thats lots of motion, which I think the 60f would matter for, right? 30f progressive would be fine.

Why it also matters is, when I did output to mp4, high quality, it made it 720p, which is what I want, but the source was 60f and the output is default 30f.
Now I know I can make it 60f and am about to test what the filesize difference is, but if I keep it at 30f, its dropping half the frames? How does it affect quality basically, the output didnt look bad, still, I am curious.

In the end, I would love to find that HA is 30f progressive and would be happy outputting equal frame with lower res.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3) Little question, I love my new laptop but curious to compare the render time. I just added 3 effects and 2 transitions (fades) to my 1080p file, and rendered to 720p MP4.
4min file finished about 3340 I believe. The 2min file also finished about 1:40
So hows that for render time being just under the actual recording time? I am curious if the 5200 RPM HDD is making enough diff for me to want to change it or leave it.
Go to: