Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why is fast render tech disabled when I choose xv color
Waltermh [Avatar]
Newbie Location: A traveler Joined: Nov 29, 2011 09:36 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have the option to use x.v. color during the render phase.
From what I have read about it, I should be able to make use of it.

But it disables the fast rendering option.
I have the trial version, so I wonder if that also made a difference in not being able to do both.

Also, I know SVRT is disabled in trial version. But if I buy PD10, is it better to chose svrt or hardware video encoder to render assuming I dont choose xv color?

Honestly, I want something that wont take longer than the videos length to render. Maybe a little longer, but the quality does not have to be spectacular if it will cost me so much time to render. Windows 7
Intel i7 1.9 ghz quad core with overclock to 2.6
12GB RAM
NVidia 3GB 560M GPU
Sadly 5200 RPM Internal HDD
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
x.v. color is not a requirement for excellent rendering. And yes, the trial version is missing some of the bells, but we're not certain what all are. Reading this forum can give you some clues. Win 10, i7
pd10newbieee [Avatar]
Newbie Location: - Joined: Nov 29, 2011 23:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Unless you're absolutely certain the source footage was captured in x.v.color mode, don't bother enabling it. It doesn't gain you anything, and actually incurs an extra video processing-step (to convert non-xv to xv color-space), which will most likely degrade video quality.

If you have a choice between SVRT and hardware-video encoder, pick SVRT. Depending on the edits you made to your clip, SVRT can may be able to passthrough sections of the original source-footage, without recompressing it. That'll give you maximum quality. Any re-encoding cycle will degrade the audio/video a little bit, and unfortunately, consumer hardware video encoding (as of today) is somewhat lower quality than software video encoding.

On the downside, SVRT-rendered clips are not 100% "compliant" with the format specification. This may cause playback problems with some settop/media-playback devices, in which case you'd have to re-render the clip without SVRT.
Waltermh [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, say I never plan to burn these to disk. If I play them back on a tv it will be hdmi from comp or laptop, and most viewing will be the 720p uploads to youtube, my archives may never be looked at again.

Is SVRT recommended then? Windows 7
12GB RAM
NVidia 3GB 560M GPU
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Experience with several users on this forum indicates that SVRT does not render as reliable a video as does direct PC computation. The same holds true with hardware encoding. Since your PC is of sufficient power in your case the only advantage of using SVRT or HA would be a slightly smaller video file size. Win 10, i7
Waltermh [Avatar]
[Post New]
You said "SVRT does not render as reliable a video as does direct PC computation. The same holds true with hardware encoding."

Due to the power of my system, if I unchecked fast render tech which makes me choose hardware or software render, are you saying the reliability of the video is best when using neither of those?
I could try it now to see what the speed difference is, but if I am satisfied with the speed, I should go without using the fast video render tech?
or did I misunderstand your line I copied? Windows 7
12GB RAM
NVidia 3GB 560M GPU
All vodi
[Post New]
You understood correctly. If the render time using your PC without SVRT or HA is acceptable to you then don't bother using it. It benefits you very little. Win 10, i7
Waltermh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, thanks, I understand everything now on this issue. Windows 7
12GB RAM
NVidia 3GB 560M GPU